Trump bumbles first international crisis

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Trump bumbles first international crisis

This topic contains 33 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  LurkingGrendel 2 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

paulwalker
    Participant

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/08/trump-north-korea-warning-241409

Any possibility of continuing to work with China on the North Korea problem is now probably off the table.

North Korea has now threatened to explore bombing Guam. Good lord.

In the meantime, McCain doesn’t agree.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/cautious-congressional-response-trumps-fire-fury-north-korea

McCain:

“I don’t pay much attention anymore to what the president says because there’s no point in it. What I do pay attention to is what he does, and I can tell you that he has surrounded himself with an outstanding national security team,” McCain said. “Gen. Kelly, Gen. Mattis, Gen. McMaster. These are all really good people, and they’re doing some of the right things which Obama never did for the last eight years, so I am proud of a lot of the national security team he’s got,” he said, referring to White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, Defense Secretary James Mattis and National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster.

paulwalker
    Participant

I’m glad he is surrounded by good people. In fact, thank God he is. Perhaps this will prevent a major incident, or worse.

Fact of the matter is, his off the cuff threat puts the US into a corner. Because if he won’t (or can’t) back it up it just makes him weaker. Bad choice of words anyway you look at it. That is why I called it a bumble. Upon further review it is much more than a bumble, it was a terrible mistake. An unfortunate remark that hopefully won’t lead us into something nobody desires.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Trump is a danger to the US that I haven’t personally seen in my lifetime.

And at this point I’m torn between saying which leader is more unhinged. Scary stuff.

And if I were in South Korea right now, I’d be shitting bricks. They are the ones most in danger.

Langston
    Participant

“A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons.” —Hillary Clinton

lastday
    Participant

Hopefully China will step up and help with this NK mess.

Andy Brown
    Participant

No doubt, drumpf’s biggest international relations faux pas to date.

What a dolt.

He’s never stopped campaigning especially to his hard core supporters. They love stuff like this.

“Trump is a danger to the US that I haven’t personally seen in my lifetime.”

Really? How come N Korea is so dangerous? Who were the geniuses that allowed a madman to amass such power? You can’t blame Trump for that.

“And at this point I’m torn between saying which leader is more unhinged. Scary stuff.”

Live in North Korea for year and then come back and see if you’ll say the same thing (if you survive).

“Fire and fury.” Wow, if only Trump had said, “Pretty please, don’t fire your missiles,” we would be at peace. He really blew it.

Amus
    Participant

Besides, what’s a few hundred thousand dead gooks to you if you as long as you can get your Supreme Court picks?

#christianmyass

paulwalker
    Participant

North Korea is not playing Trump’s game as of tonight. They have challenged him again with specific threats to send missles to areas within 20 miles of Guam. How Trump reacts is yet to be known, but suffice it to say, it will be a “surprise”. And that is scaring the hell out of me.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/09/politics/north-korea-considering-near-guam-strike/index.html

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

There was no solution to this at any point.

The GOP claiming otherwise is a fucking lie utilized for political gain.

Nuking civilians because you don’t like the actions of their leadership is not a humane, fuck that, it’s not a human option.

Trust fucking Trump dick suckers and apologists to claim otherwise.

The governor of Guam, Eddie Baza Calvo, told Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade on Wednesday that he’s used to threats against the territory and supports President Donald Trump’s warning that North Korea will be met with “fire and fury.”

“I want a president that says that,” Calvo said to Kilmeade, who was filling in on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

On Tuesday, Trump threatened North Korea after reports surfaced that the country was escalating its nuclear program, telling reporters: “North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.”

On Wednesday, North Korea said it is considering using “intermediate-range ballistic missiles near Guam.”

Calvo has responded calmly to the threat of a potential nuclear war. When Kilmeade asked him whether Trump’s remarks get “to the heart of the problem” or solve “the problem in the big picture,” he said: “As far as I’m concerned, as an American citizen, I want a president that says that if any nation such as North Korea attacks Guam, attacks Honolulu, attacks the West Coast, that they will be met with hell and fury.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/guam-governor-fire-fury_us_598c5d2fe4b0449ed50835bf

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

You are a lying, hypocritical, buffoon.

Trump sounds like a fucking idiot, and threatening a nation with nuclear war is the definition of insane.

So what happens, now? He said they’d face “fire and fury” if they continued making threats. Well, they made another threat.

So, nuke them?

Fuck you. And fuck him.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

You’re such a willfully obnoxious, offensive, trolling, lying, sack of shit this deserves a quick addendum.

You bolded, “As far as I’m concerned, as an American citizen, I want a president that says if any nation such as North Korea attacks Guam, attacks Honolulu, attacks the west coast, that will be met with fire and fury”.

Great, then you should have supported President Obama, or any U.S. President of either party, rather than the provably ignorant, lying, easily goaded, dips shit man baby currently holding the office.

Literally, *any* U.S. President would respond in force to an unprovoked attack upon our country. Claiming, or even inferring otherwise, is a disgusting lie designed to appeal to the dumbest motherfuckers in the room. I.e. you.

Trump is the one provoking a conflict. And he’s doing it in the most dumb, belicose, dangerous, manner possible. There’s no scenario, and I mean none, wherein the U.S. strikes North Korea in some “preventive” fashion that doesn’t result in the catastrophic loss of innocent life. In North Korea, in South Korea, likely Japan, China, not to mention U.S. civilian and military personnel.

For what? Trump’s easily wounded ego?

For fuck’s sake the only reason North Korea has been intent on developing a nuclear program int he first place is because of the United States. We have a history of invading countries and toppling the leadership of them when said countries don’t possess such weapons.

That’s the fact, Jack.

And do you know when North Korea would attack the United States, first, in an unprovoked manner?

Never point never, you fucking simpleton.

I don’t think so.

I think he his standing down Kim’s threat to lob a missile somewhere, and as I “bolded,” the governor of a potential target, Guam, is not only is not freaking out about it, but is grateful for Trump’s strong rhetoric.

Otherwise, please stow your over-the-top condescension, rudeness, incivility, abusiveness, and very bad manners in an appropriately dark cavity in your body. I was just stating an opinion. I didn’t insult your mother.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.