Trump believes Putin over his top advisors?

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Trump believes Putin over his top advisors?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  cbaravelli 5 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

paulwalker
    Participant

Sure seems this is what is happening.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/politics/president-donald-trump-vladimir-putin-election-meddling/index.html

And this story breaks on Veteran’s Day. Proof that this President, in addition to his many other faults, has absolutely no situational awareness.

Andrew
    Participant

It’s almost impossible to know what Trump really believes from what he says. That’s why I ignore it, because what he says is almost always complete BS.

paulwalker
    Participant

From the CNN story linked:

“Trump’s acceptance of Putin’s denial that Russia sought to sway the election in his favor runs counter to assessments by US intelligence agencies. While describing his relationship with Putin and the ongoing investigations into 2016 meddling, Trump seemed to indicate on Saturday that he trusts Putin’s denials more than the comments of former intelligence officials, like former high-ranking intelligence officials James Comey, John Brennan and James Clapper.
    “I mean, give me a break, they are political hacks,” Trump said. “So you look at it, I mean, you have Brennan, you have Clapper and you have Comey. Comey is proven now to be a liar and he is proven now to be a leaker. So you look at that and you have President Putin very strongly, vehemently says he had nothing to do with them.”
    When asked for comment about the President’s comments, the CIA said in a statement that the man Trump picked to lead the agency, Mike Pompeo, reiterated his support for US intelligence findings and that the “assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed.” The agency declined to comment further.”

Andrew
    Participant

So do Trump’s comments surprise you? Not me.

paulwalker
    Participant

It isn’t an issue of being “surprised” anymore, it is how with each statement he steps over the line just a little bit more. My main point is he doesn’t understand the context and/or reality of what he says. (I can only go on what he says, I’m not a mind reader). For this kind of rhetoric to come out of him on Veterans Day of all days is beyond the pale. This man continues to be unfit to lead our country, IMO.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Trump owes Putin. Otherwise he’d be tweeting nonstop about how Putin is fucking with our shit.

Andrew
    Participant

I guess I see it as just one more “OMG Trump!” moment. Of course he’s unfit to lead – that’s been obvious since before he was elected. I don’t see this one as being any worse than the hundred (and growing) egregious things he’s said since taking office. Add it to the list, try not to stress over things I have no control over, hope 2020 gets here sooner than I hope…

Chris_taylor
    Participant

I long to hear the words of one of our former presidents…”Our long national nightmare is over.” And have it mean something.

cbaravelli
    Participant

Blah blah I believe he believes woof woof.
    Geopolitics on the world stage. Vlad will never leave Crimea nor get out of Syria. But, someone is gonna hav’ta help counter Chinese “Belt and Road” policies. Hurts Russia more than U.S. and the Chins own US.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.