Trump asks Ukrainian president to help Giuliani w/ investigation of Biden's son

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Trump asks Ukrainian president to help Giuliani w/ investigation of Biden's son

This topic contains 69 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Brown 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author

missing_kskd
    Participant

Bernie is not extreme by any global measure.

Next

missing_kskd
    Participant

What we will do is organize and lean ultra hard on Warren and Congress.

She has, after all, mooched Bernie plans, watered them down, and that is a fine start on long overdue economic reforms.

By that time, donors will be in the millions, and the volunteer org same.

Continue seating progressives, unseating problem Dems and any GOP possible.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Now, there is an upside!

Not only do we have one really strong progressive, Bernie, but there are TWO!

Warren is not as strong. She could win!

Frankly, the others are tepid and weak against Trump.

Remember when I said this was an awesome time for progressives!

TWO! Count ’em people. TWO.

That does make me extremely happy.

Warren has a problematic world view and base 9 power, but she is workable. Good for ALL Americans is likely to happen.

She believes the system as it is now just needs tweaks to work for everyone. I do not buy that, but it is a fair view to hold.

Sanders sees the existing system as broken and in need of basic reform.

Base of power:

Warren took the big money, has strings attached. She will take more. That is disappointing. It huts her legitimacy, as does mooching plans and tactics from the Sanders campaign. Basically, it is good stuff and we know it. Her agency to put change on the table will bump into big money.

Nobody is all that sure how Liz will handle change and work Congress for it.

Sanders did not and won’t. He will go center left with authority. He has high legitimacy and trust due to decades of receipts, small money people powered, etc…

His agency is not limited in the way hers is.

We already know how he plans to keep the support org active to lobby congress with authority.

Overall?

Nice problems to have compared to earlier Dem POTUSes, and the other candidates.

This will, barring something super horrible, boil down to Warren / Sanders.

Awesome.

That means we will be having who can do the best Medicare For All, for example.

Again, very nice problems to have.

Sanders, with all of us, have changed the party dialog very significantly, and did it in just a few years.

Big win. Hard to be happier.

texter
    Spectator

I was going to ask what Bernie is promising to do, but I read his online platform. What he wants to do will cost gazillions and he’ll have to take much from some of the very people he’s promising to give to, besides the fact that all that money is first passed through the hands of our greedy Uncle Sam.

People will benefit from what he proposes, but not the masses.

Very scary stuff…

missing_kskd
    Participant

We have the money. And those things are either required:

Like climate change. It is unacceptable to live with mass extinction. It costs what it costs to treat the planet better.

, or

Will deliver great returns like the Interstate Highway did.

All else is a priority problem. We could practice different priorities and leave our people much better off.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

“, or”?

missing_kskd
    Participant

It’s for emphasis, style choice.

Usually, I leave the period off one phrase, and drop it on the other ending phrase, but I did not. So it’s a mess on that post.

😀

lastday
    Participant

“President Donald Trump deserves to be impeached. But the prospect terrifies me, and it should terrify you, too.”

https://www.registerguard.com/opinion/20190926/frank-bruni-why-trump-impeachment-should-terrify-you

If it’s behind a paywall for you, apologies in advance. It’s a good and very sobering read if you can find it somewhere else.

texter
    Spectator

Joe Biden used the power of his vice-presidency to stop the Ukrainian government from continuing the investigation of his son’s very profitable but shady dealings. Why isn’t this the story?

At any rate, as a Trump supporter who could see from a mile away that the Russia scandal was a big hoax and that there was nothing to it, I see the same thing here. This is just another concocted “scandal-of-the-day” over nothing, and there are only so many times one can call “wolf” when there is no wolf, and be taken seriously. This too will backfire.

I think it behooves the Democrats and their accomplices in the media, and it would give them much credibility, if they would simply stick to touting their candidate and his or her virtues and platform instead of relentlessly focusing on Trump and striving to take him out. But as a Trump supporter, I don’t care if they go down that road because it is to Trump’s advantage.

Andrew
    Participant

texter: “Joe Biden used the power of his vice-presidency to stop the Ukrainian government from continuing the investigation of his son’s very profitable but shady dealings. Why isn’t this the story?”

Because…not true? That would be the most obvious guess. If you want fantasy and conspiratorial bullshit, stick to Fox.

bookemdono
    Participant

So you readily believe the story about Biden and Ukraine even though it has been investigated and dismissed, yet are unable to consider the remote possibility that the president, a guy who has left a trail of unethical and immoral behavior in his wake his entire career, remains to this day pure and innocent of any illicit activity?

texter
    Spectator

This is what Biden said:

JB: Well, I was, not I, but it just happened to be that was the assignment I got. I got all the good ones. And so I got Ukraine. And I remember going over convincing our team, our, others to convincing that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, try to guess the 12th, 13th time to Kiev, and I was going to, supposed to announce that there was another billion dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor, and they didn’t. So they said they had, they were walking out to a press conference, and I said no, I said I’m not going to, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said. I said call him. I said I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said you’re not getting the billion, and I’m going to be leaving here, and I think it was what, six hours. I looked. I said I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a bitch. He got fired.

Article and Video

bookemdono
    Participant

And if you continue that narrative:

“But though Biden may have taken credit for it, this was hardly his unique idea. “Everyone in the Western community wanted Shokin sacked,” Anders Aslund, a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, told the Wall Street Journal. “The whole G-7, the IMF, the EBRD, everybody was united that Shokin must go, and the spokesman for this was Joe Biden.”

The people of Ukraine wanted Shokin gone as well, and demonstrated for his removal around the time of Biden’s threat. Shortly after that demonstration, Shokin was dismissed.”

Andy Brown
    Participant

Lindsey Graham? The gold standard of suck up and ass lick. Hugh Hewitt? The worst spin failure I’ve read yet. Geez, F&B, is this the best rebuttal you can create? If you have any other ideas you better share them soon before Dan tosses you. Republican politicians are beginning to jump ship, unlike the assholes whose lies you posted. Fake news. drumpf is well on his way to House impeachment thanks to his own malfeasance and Senate conviction is no longer a total pipe dream. Have you read the whistleblower complaint? I didn’t think so. It’s not fake and it’s quite damning and well corroborated. Ba bye drumpf.

texter
    Spectator

My bet is that Trump will not be impeached. It’s bluster. They don’t have the courage (or any legal basis) to follow through with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.