Trump agrees to meet Kim Jong Un. Wise?

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Trump agrees to meet Kim Jong Un. Wise?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Alfredo_T 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

paulwalker
    Participant

No.

North Korea has never followed through with promises.

Trump has no strategy here. Just a photo op, and an ego boost for a President who needs to keep feeding that part of his brain.

The right will cheer this, but it is actually nothing to cheer about. North Korea is playing a game of chess here and they are building to a check-mate.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-fg-us-north-korea-20180308-story.html

mwdxer1
    Participant

My question is, why is Un suddenly being friendly with Trump? Why the sudden change? They want something or secretly Trump has offered them something in return. Something sure does not sound right here.

Chris_taylor
    Participant

By being in a photo op with Trump, King Jong-un, whose country has nuclear weapons that can reach North America, now is being seen on equal terms with the US as a world power. Something N. Korea has been wanting for a long time.

There’s a reason no other US President has ever done this and has used diplomatic, along with economic sanctions, to keep N. Korea in check. That get’s blown off completely with this meeting, and there are lots of folks on both sides, as well as many of our allies, say this risky.

Trump likes conflict. Which makes this dangerous.

cbaravelli
    Participant

TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump Norks previously to talking with the Souks after the Winter Olympics. Dear Leader’s youngest sister, Kim Yo Jung, was there sitting there watching with Ivanka. Yo did the Nork / Souk calculus and told what she saw and thought to Dear Brother. TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump expressed willingness to talk to Big Brother 6 January,
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-says-he-s-open-talking-north-korea-s-kim-n835291
    and Nork / Souk pre-conditions to stop thermal nuclear production and testing were agreed to last night in Pyongyang.
    Sanctions are working.
    Kim wants North Korea to be seen as an equal to the United States and TrumpTrumpTrumpTrump. Win – Win.
    “I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!
    TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump

edselehr
    Participant

cbaravelli, your stream-of-consciousness jabbering only occasionally makes sense, and it’s getting worse. I’m not going to waste my time wading through your word salads.

I don’t know if you’re trying to be cute or what…but if you have a point to make, make it.

Edit Add: Oh…and I think Trump is meeting with Kim because Trump’s fee-fees are getting hurt the Russia probe, and wants to manufacture some positive (and hopefully distracting) press for himself.

He still thinks the presidency is a reality show, and that the current ratings are all that matter, and people are easily distracted by shiny objects.

Well, he’s right – they generally are. But Mueller doesn’t give a shit about ratings, and the special prosecutor train keeps chugging along despite all of Trump’s “Look here, not there!” antics.

cbaravelli
    Participant

10 Months. Five “making false statements” convictions. 13 non-grand jury indictments against Ruski entities which will never see another day in a U.S. court.
    Impressive, not. Warren Commission took nine months. 9/11 Commission took 18 months (actually, 16 months but is delayed to redact Saudi involvements).
    Here are more red dots to chase: TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump

radiogeek
    Participant

Trump is a dumbass. Doesn’t even tell his own Sec of State before going off the rails with an improvised face plant.

That the Ruskies can out think and out maneuver Dirty Donnie is understandable, they’re pros after all.

But North Korea getting the better of the USA?

God help us all.

Amus
    Participant

Let me help you with your baggage. He didn’t want to go to the dentist, yet he went anyway. Wednesday is hump day, but has anyone asked the camel if he’s happy about it? The memory we used to share is no longer coherent. TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump

https://randomwordgenerator.com/sentence.php

radiogeek
    Participant

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — The Latest on a planned summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un (all times local):

5:05 a.m.

The White House says the president won’t hold a highly-anticipated meeting with North Korea’s leader unless he takes “concrete steps” that match promises made ahead of the talks.

Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders says North Korea has made promises to denuclearize, stop its nuclear and missile testing and allow joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises.

Sanders says President Donald Trump won’t have the meeting “until we see concrete actions that match the words and the rhetoric of North Korea.”

I would like to be a fly on the wall to watch Tillerson bitch out Dirty Donnie.

paulwalker
    Participant

White House already backtracking on this potential meeting. Another example of how our country is being led by someone who is entirely incapable for the job.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-will-not-meet-kim-without-seeing-concrete-steps-%E2%80%94-white-house/ar-BBK3Lck?li=BBnb7Kz

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Man, this thread’s trippy.

Our friend, the squid.

Wontcho whiskey in the water
    Sugar in your tea
    What’s all this crazy shit you’re telling me
    This is the most fucked-up shift I have ever worked
    Don’t turn on the lights I don’t wanna wait for my life to be over. I wanna know
    right now what will it be
    MAMA TOLD ME NOT TO MF!
    MAMA TOLD ME NOT TO MF!
    She said that’s the path to fone phraud, son
    That ain’t the way to stay sane

Don’t get offended but $ finger me. I think that cbaravelli would make a fine child traffic-safety instructor. “Little Johnny, bring me my beer, my bong and my Playboy, and don’t run in the street.”

And so, I concludey, more plebs are needed.

Remember, don’t fuck the woman you love. Make mad hot passionate love to her instead. Unless, of course, you don’t want to, in which case you shouldn’t.

It’s true. Donald Trump said so. I read it on Twitbook. TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump

So there.

Just thought I’d get my $2.00 worth in before Dan closes the thread. Bletch out, mon Capitan!!

============================
    S0N∞ et al.,

You’ve abused the shit out of me for so many years now. You’ve put your words in me. You’ve written your feelings and thoughts in me. Thrust nonsense and odd ramblings down my throat and up my vagina. Thought I’d let you know how I feel about it.

Sincerely,
    feedback.pdxradio.com

============================

Langston
    Participant

PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)—Kim Jong Un has revealed to close associates that he has offered to meet Donald J. Trump only as a means of achieving his real goal: meeting the former adult-film star Stormy Daniels.

paulwalker
    Participant

nosignal said:

“Just thought I’d get my $2.00 worth in before Dan closes the thread. Bletch out, mon Capitan!!”

Nope. I could count the times Dan has closed down a thread and it doesn’t equal my two balls. That said, Dan has the “same” to create a lively forum here. He will close down certain posters, but will rarely close down a thread.

Which is why this site is so important. It allows for a real wide spectrum of opinion until it goes over the top. And Dan knows when it goes over the top.

For those who can and want to support Dan, please contact him how you can contribute. He won’t ask for your help, but I personally know he could use it!

semoochie
    Participant

He once asked for my help but when he added the political board, it just got to be too much for me.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

What the hell is with the “TrumpTrumpTrump”s anyways? Is cbaravelli trying to imitate a newsroom telex machine or something?

(Read it out loud, quickly. It’ll make more sense.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.