Traveling North Korea

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dan Packard
    Keymaster

Jordan Simons, sold his possessions, quit his job and now travels the world making YouTube videos.

Here’s his experience on the way out of North Korea, as he discovers he’s the only person in the modern Pyongyang airport,

Broadway
    Participant

Fascinating footage…telling of an oppressed society…no commerce…sad.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Looks like a first class airport. But no customers.

My big question: For a country so poor and oppressed, how can they afford such a lavish and cosmopolitan looking airport?

Brianl
    Participant

Vit – it shows where Kim Jong-Un’s priorities are. The Pyongyang airport is an example of him making himself look like the “dear leader” he proclaims to be, while his people suffer, starve and die.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I am surprised that someone would be allowed to shoot any video footage while visiting North Korea. On the other hand, perhaps allowing him to post a video about the airport was strategic. “See, how could a country with a fantastic airport like this be half bad?”

paulwalker
    Participant

I think Brian hit it on the head. It is all about image. He is a consumer of today’s tech where all that matters is “show”. Meanwhile, his country languishes. That said, the airport did pick up a bit for their two flights that day!

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

It is all about image. He is a consumer of today’s tech where all that matters is “show”. Meanwhile, his country languishes.

https://tv.nknews.org/tvhls/stream.m3u8
    0530-1330 GMT weekdays/0000-1330 GMT weekends

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.