Towers & Such & Things 2018 (and 2019)

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Towers & Such & Things 2018 (and 2019)

This topic contains 177 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  nosignalallnoise 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 166 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • Author

msndrspdx
    Participant

Comcast Portland added two subchannels to the lineup this morning.

(319) Bounce (KPDX 49.3)
    (320) Laff (KPTV 12.3)

Both were added overnight with no prior announcement. These have been available over the air for awhile, but not to Comcast Portland viewers until now.

Those of you who follow RabbitEars May have noticed that KGW’s decision to drop Eastrella TV is reflected in their listings, but KOXO’s simulcast of the KWVT channels isn’t. And KWVT’s 17.2, which carries local weather updates about every 30 minutes, isn’t listed either. (They still haven’t announced if that service will eventually carry WeatherNation or AccuWeather. I think it’ll be the former rather than the latter.) Wouldn’t be surprised if KWVT’s towers eventually end up carrying KOXO as well. Since KWVT and KOXO both carry YouToo America, it’s occurred to me that one could carry YT’s Eastern feed, while the other might carry the West feed. And being on KOXO’s tower, I’d assume that 3, 17, 27 and 37 probably have better video and audio for Portland.

russell-curry
    Participant

I was noticing on radiolocator that KGYN, 1210, Guymon OK, has a cp for 50kw directional. It used to be maybe the easiest OK station to pick up at night. I entered several locations, and there was no real null I could find by that method. Their website says they are still 10kw.

chessyduck
    Participant

Killer monster FM translator signal or FCC fickled fat-finger of fate?… Likely the latter ….

https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/fmq?call=K223CV

The lucky folks at the Albany 7th Day Adventist Church can run K223CV with 990 watts on their 92.5 translator frequency per the above…

Screamer
    Participant

From the pattern I think it is a typo. Looks more like a 99 watt translator. 990 would carry a LOT farther.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Andy Brown
    Participant

FM translators are limited to a maximum of 250 Watts, ERP, when eligible.

99 Watts is a popular ERP for translators, exempting them from meeting IF spacing requirements.

74.1204(g) http://bit.ly/2QoWrpy

kb101engineer
    Participant

Crawford Broadcasting’s engineering newsletter, The Local Oscillator, has a nice historical write up on the KKPZ site on Mt. Scott. It includes a nice photo of the KPOJ transmitter room.

https://crawfordbroadcasting.com/Local_Oscillator/December%202018%20Local%20Oscillator.pdf

LinleyG
    Participant

KWVT-LD (RF ch. 49, Virtual ch. 3.1, 17.1, 27.1 and 37.1), as of yesterday, has apparently has shut down its transmitter. It is due to transfer its operation to RF ch. 11 but has not appeared there yet.

Bob Berry
    Participant

KWVT-LD (RF ch. 49, Virtual ch. 3.1, 17.1, 27.1 and 37.1), as of yesterday, has apparently has shut down its transmitter. It is due to transfer its operation to RF ch. 11 but has not appeared there yet.

Baby, It’s Cold Outside

boisebill
    Participant

Got a tour of the Mt Scott facility ayear or so before it burned. Remember seeing the BE FM trnasmitter that did it.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Mmkay, I decided to make this thread for “2018 (and 2019)” because I didn’t feel like starting a new thread and I was too lazy to get round to editing a new jargon file.

So continue going nutz, peoplez0rz.

semoochie
    Participant

Where are my manners? I’ll fix it.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Okay Dan, shutter down.

All users, please use the new thread on https://feedback.pdxradio.com/forums/topic/towers-such-2019/

Viewing 13 posts - 166 through 178 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.