Towers & Such 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    yahmit
    Participant

KGW and KOPB (8 and 10) must be at reduced power. I have heard from a few people in Salem that they cannot receive those channels anymore. They must be getting ready to switch to new channels soon.

fieldstrength
    Participant

KGW has been on a lower power backup antenna while their main antenna is replaced. I assume KOPB has been on lower power to keep the tower crew safe from RF exposure. The old antenna was removed in pieces via helicopter on Saturday, and the new antenna was placed on Sunday.

washnotore
    Participant
    nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Google Street View caught a rather disheveled street person lying on the sidewalk in broad daylight.

Betcha he’s probably the tweaker who owns the Jetta with the fart can, the spikes on the wheels and the huge “Portland State” decal on the back window, and the Yakima ski rack that’s probably never once been used to transport skis.

His net worth might be $2.12M, but he’s also a West Sider, so you know, all things considered. Everybody’s got a story.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Everybody’s got a story.

Indeed.

boisebill
    Participant

Deleted-License canceled…
    DK296DM 107.1 SEASIDE, OR GOSPEL ECHO, INC. 06/08/2021 | Cancelled

DK265CP 100.9 ASTORIA, OR GOSPEL ECHO, INC.06/08/2021 | Cancelled

DK285DN 104.9 CANNON BEACH, OR GOSPEL ECHO, INC.06/08/2021 | Cancelled

DK299AD 107.7 HOOD RIVER, OR GOSPEL ECHO, INC.06/08/2021 | Cancelled

DK285GA 104.9 GOLD BEACH, OR GOLD BEACH GOSPEL ECHOES 06/08/2021 | Cancelled

chessyduck
    Participant

Gospel Echo is no more. Also gone is the Chehalis license.

This letter says it all, attached to the cancellation filing:

https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/api/download/attachment/25076f9179c985ce0179ec80e4d30a2d

Interesting that no attempt was made to transfer the licenses to another group.

semoochie
    Participant

The 90.3 station on Mt. Hood, KXPC Welches, has changed call letters to KPOR.

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

With the KOPB/KGW tower changes I noticed that FM 91.5 (OPB radio) was not coming in very well up in Longview (last week).

On the tv side, does that mean we need to re-scan our tuner again?

semoochie
    Participant

June 28th, unless they’ve already done it

yahmit
    Participant

Anyone know what is going on with Channel 22. They are not coming in down in Salem today.

W7PAT
    Participant

“With the KOPB/KGW tower changes I noticed that FM 91.5 (OPB radio) was not coming in very well up in Longview (last week).”

Dan–I noticed that 3 weeks ago going to the coast. I hope that it gets fixed soon.

LinleyG
    Participant

Here it is June 28th and KGW’s channel RF26 isn’t on the air. Plus, I haven’t heard a peep from KGW about having to rescan our sets.

Does anyone heard an update on KGW’s schedule?

L

yahmit
    Participant

Wonder if the heat slowed them down. I did a re-scan and get KGWZ again. I guess that is some progress.

DarkStar
    Participant

Pardon our Dust!

In order to accommodate the Benson High School Modernization Project, KSFL-LP (Portland Radio Project) received a STA to operate from the Weatherly Building. The EIRP is reduced from 100 watts to 37 watts and the move was completed last night.

The antenna is mounted toward the north end of the top of the penthouse and it is aimed due north.

https://fccdata.org/?call=ksfl-lp

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.