Towers & Such 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

I re-scanned yesterday and am not getting channel 12.4.

Broadway
    Participant

New Station Alert 98.3 FM Dallas finally on the air after 10 years? Shared programming great signal DXer’s engage—

jr_tech
    Participant

With 9 element log-Yagi antenna pointed South from Hillsboro, HD locks in pretty solid. Both hd-1 and hd-2 can be heard. Mexican music, and radio drama.

Borderblaster
    Participant

Hey Junior,
    So how’s that 98.1 KING “dx” workin’ out for ya!

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Hey fm_dxer,
    Go hump an hippo!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

During the times that I tuned in, I heard oldies with a KMWV top-of-the-hour ID. Around the South Burlingame neighborhood in Southwest Portland, reception on a car radio was fairly good with minimal multipath. However, driving toward Beaverton, the signal disappeared. In Hillsboro, reception on a car radio was marginal, though a log-Yagi pointed south yielded a slightly noisy, yet quite usable signal. I’d consider this pretty good for 2.6 kW.

jr_tech
    Participant

Programming seems to be quite variable. This morning HD did not lock in, but RDS at about 9:30 said KMWV and 80s? music was heard. The RDS id switched to KTUP “Radio Poder” by 10:15.

russell-curry
    Participant

At my location near Sheldon plaza, on my patio the Walton translator still has 98.3, but next to my north-facing kitchen window KMWV is easily stronger, also stronger than KSND.

lastday
    Participant

Is everybody in Portland back to full power? Today in Eugene I can get solid HD locks on KMHD, KWJJ, KINK, KKCW, KLTH, and KXJM. HD detected on KGON but can’t get a lock.

DarkStar
    Participant

If things go according to plan, KATU will be coming up on UHF Channel 24 tomorrow morning — probably around 9 to 10 AM at 1/4 power (15 kW TX output, 250 kw EIRP).

We’ll run bars/tone for 24 hours or so and then go to full power (63 kW TX output, 1 MW EIRP) and begin simulcasting.

Our interim transmitter will be powered down on UHF Channel 43 sometime in the afternoon on October 18th and then reconfigured as a full-time backup transmitter.

jr_tech
    Participant

It appears that KOIN switched to the new antenna about 2:00 pm… Signal was off briefly and now the S meter on my Icom 8500 indicates about 2 S units higher. KATU on 24 just turned on about 2:25.

washnotore
    Participant

I’m able to see the color bars and tone on UHF 24. So long as you have certain software or hardware to receive it. The PSIP info does not come up yet. Even if you try to do a rescan.

Of course, none of the useful status reported to the FCC will be visible to us.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

If things go according to plan, KATU will be coming up on UHF Channel 24 tomorrow morning

Thanks for the heads-up, test pattern received here (Vancouver). No special equipment, just an inexpensive consumer-grade TV that can be tuned by entering a channel number.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I am receiving RF 24. It shows up as channel 24-6 when scanned (perhaps, the tuner I am using defaults to using the RF channel number and the lowest available sub-channel number). I see the color bars with a bouncing rectangle. However, I hear no audio.

DarkStar
    Participant

With the bars and tone, we aren’t running any PSIP so some televisions won’t know where the audio is for decode.

If you already have TBN programmed, some TVs will just add our channel 24 to the end of that channel list.

Around Noon today, we’ll be taking the transmitter up to full-power and then swapping the input signal from the test generator to the same signal that we’re sending to Channel 43.

This will include full PSIP and will most likely result in you having two 2.1 or maybe 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, and 2.8 depending on how your TV does the mapping.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 152 total)
  • The topic ‘Towers & Such 2019’ is closed to new replies.