Towers & Such 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    chessyduck
    Participant

Sorry for posting this one in the wrong section … but… No surprise! KDZR Portland is for sale. The listing appeared publically in radiotvdeals.com today. $750,000 cash gets you a 10kw day/ 1kw night omnidirectional on 1640kHz.I think this one is diplexed off the 1330 kHz Mt Scott arrangement… Typically stations now go for 10% to 25% below asking price….

Salem has been offloading a number of underperforming or redundant AM properties. In DC they sold off 1260kHz tp a Catholic gorup for a song.. Downsizing I suspect…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by chessyduck.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by chessyduck.
    LinleyG
    Participant

Just for the record; stations on/off

KOXI-CD (Vir20, RF20) has been and remains off the air since October 28th.

KNMT (Vir24, RF32) has been and remains 25 dB below its normal amplitude since October 17th.

KOIN and KATU’s new transmitters now show a nearly ideal spectrum on my low gain antenna. Their power still moves up and down more than normal. Both seem to have extraordinarily clean adjacent channel emissions.

Linley

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I have a TV nerd question: when did the RF channel 5 translator for KPXG go off the air? I first noted that I could not receive it from Hillsboro (reception used to be stable in the past), and fccinfo.com no longer lists it.

jr_tech
    Participant

Strange, it is still listed on the FCC site:

https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?list=0&facid=35151

I think it was turned off when antenna work at Sylvan begain.

semoochie
    Participant

I believe that “LP” refers to analog. Maybe’ they’re constructing the digital channel now. What is their virtual channel?

jr_tech
    Participant

But in the description it says:

“Licensee: KRCW, LLC
    Service Designation: LD Digital Low Power Television station (Digital LPTV)
    Transmit Channel: 5 76 – 82 MHz Licensed
    Virtual Channel: (viewer sees this channel number)”

Indeed it did transmit digital before it was turned off, I think it indicated ch 32.

Borderblaster
    Participant

Hey Junior,
    So how’s that 98.1 classic KING “dx” workin’ out for ya!

LinleyG
    Participant

A new DTV signal has appeared on RF ch.21. By all appearances, it should be KPXG-LD. However, since it is 35 dB lower in amplitude than KPXG-TV’s signal on RF ch.22, I have been unable to decode it. The new signal and KPXG-TV’s signal gain and fade together as my antenna is rotated so the two signals are apparently located in the same area.

Linley

LinleyG
    Participant

On the day after Christmas (12/26) KPXG-TV filed notice with the FCC that it had returned to the air, but at reduced power.

The measured ~35 dB below KPXG-TV’s 1 MW indicates KPXG-LD’s ERP is about 350 Watts. The station is licensed for 15 kW ERP.

Linley

jkmartin
    Participant

KXET 1130 AM. Hey, if anyone cares and knows someone at KXET, their 3rd harmonic is signal strength S4 tonight and the signal strength on the assigned carrier frequency is 40 dB over S9 on a 0 dB gain antenna at Keizer. FCC says nighttime power is 490W, so the 40 over seems pretty hot from Mt Angel. I tried calling the two phone numbers I could find to speak with a board op or someone, but no answers.

semoochie
    Participant

Gee, double whammy, power and pattern; CKWX is going to love them!

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by semoochie.
    Broadway
    Participant

Someone needs to retune one of the newest AM built sites in the state.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

New thread to continue the discussion in: https://feedback.pdxradio.com/forums/topic/towers-things-such-2020/

Dan, time to lock this one down.

semoochie
    Participant

I think it best to continue this one through the end of the year, in case future scholars need to find something. This way, it’ll be the correct year. 🙂

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Well, the year’s going to be over in a few hours, so…

Towers (& Things) & Such 2020

Dan, time to lock this one down.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 152 total)
  • The topic ‘Towers & Such 2019’ is closed to new replies.