Towers & Such 2017

This topic contains 74 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  nosignalallnoise 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • Author

semoochie
    Participant

I just noticed that KGON has an HD3. It’s hard to tell on the portable but looks like they moved Metal to there and the Blues which had recently been on KRSK-HD2 to their HD2. KRSK-HD2 is now Radio Disney, a somewhat better fit.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  semoochie.

Borderblaster
    Participant

shitty PDX radio

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

deleted

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  nosignalallnoise. Reason: deleted

semoochie
    Participant

Did anyone happen to see the modification application for KFFD-LP? It’s for 1.3 watts @ 324.9 meters HAAT! That’s going to bounce in all over the place between Gresham and Hillsboro! Kisn might be jealous.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

The KFFD-LP people seem unable to make up their minds on where they want to put the station. There was another application for a transmitter site near the Oregon College of Art and Craft, with effective radiated power well under 10 Watts, that was never built. What is the strategy here? How much signal could 1.3 Watts from the West Hills possibly put into Beaverton?

semoochie
    Participant

I don’t think it has to, when it comes to secondary services. As I recall, 102.9 is licensed to Gresham, with the antenna in the west hills.

semoochie
    Participant

KATU has applied to move to channel 24 with 678KW @ 524 meters HAAT.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“What is the strategy here? How much signal could 1.3 Watts from the West Hills possibly put into Beaverton?”

Apparently the Arts College decided to punt leaving 98.3 with no site. It’s just as well because they were below the tree line there and surrounded by big tall firs.

DarkStar
    Participant

KATU has applied to move to channel 24 with 678KW @ 524 meters HAAT.

Yep, this is for the repack. (https://www.fcc.gov/about-fcc/fcc-initiatives/incentive-auctions)

semoochie
    Participant

KATU’s application to move to channel 24 has been granted. I missed their application completely but KNMT’s move to channel 32 has also been approved. KOIN has applied to move to channel 25. Two of the Watch TV stations also applied to move but I fail to recall the channels.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Speaking of Watch TV, I looked up the TV Guude website yesterday, just to see what over the air channels they’re listing. Using my home zip code, the listings came up with a couple of nuggets of information.

First of all, TVG apparently isn’t aware of the new KVDO 3.1 yet, no listing for that. But it did list the Watch TV channels (KOXO, etc.) as carrying programs from YouToo America. KWVT 17.1, of course, carries YouToo and Comcast uses KWVT as their YouToo source. (Comcast also carries KPWC 37.1/Azteca, but not KSLM 27.1/Retro TV.) Has anyone seen any of the WTV channels on air? I’ve seen reports from East Coast sites reporting WTV as running in the new 3.0 digital format, which is now being promoted by retailers like Best Buy as 4K for the new next-generation sets just coming into the market this summer. Are they running in 3.0 but not 1.0? And I’ve yet too see any mention of a Facebook page or website for Watch TV. Don’t know if the TV Guide report is accurate, but it’s worth checking into.

msndrspdx
    Participant

According to EabbitEars, the Watch TV stations are set up like this. All licensed to Portland.

KORS-CD 16/RF 16
    KOXI-CD 20/RF 20
    KORK-CD 35/RF 35
    KKEI-CD 38/RF 38 > RF 36
    KOXO-CD 51/RF 41 > RF 15

The last two, you will notice, are moving their RF channel positions which have apparently been accepted by the FCC.

semoochie
    Participant

KKEI and KOXO’s applications have now been granted, at which point, they both applied for additional changes. Unfortunately, the CDBS hasn’t caught up yet.

Andy Brown
    Participant

CDBS is always the last place to look for something new. CDBS is just a front end on the database, like a Filemaker Report. That’s why I continue to recommend using the AM/FM/TV Query page to look up anything. ANYTHING. Certain info won’t show up in CDBS because it has to be published first in the Daily Digest. However, you can sometimes find that info in the master database when you go through the query page, assuming you know how to locate it from a stations record.

From this link https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/broadcast-radio-links you can find 95% of the kind of stuff we talk about here.

The Daily Digest is located here: http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Digest/2017/ddtoday.html (at years end you have to change the year) but the link may change. Any link at the FCC starting with the daughter domain ‘transition’ may change in the future.

semoochie
    Participant

Thank you Andy, I’ll keep that in mind. I always access the Daily Digest from the main page. That way, you don’t have to change anything. https://www.fcc.gov/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Towers & Such 2017’ is closed to new replies.