Towers & Stuff 2016 Edition

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Broadway
    Participant

>>98.3 Dallas OR
    Wow, now a new station in the mid-valley…should sound interesting—

semoochie
    Participant

For anyone who thought it might be a good idea to go into panic mode over the recent authorization of 95.1 in Bethany Oregon, I should probably point out that it was moved up by Longview.

e_dawg
    Participant

I wonder if KSND 95.1 can move their tower to Prospect Hill. Prospect Hill sound a good site for the coverage in the mid-valley. The current coverage of KSND is awful in Corvallis, and scratchy in Salem.

semoochie
    Participant

I believe that KSND is where it is because it’s about the only place they could put it. It’s hemmed in by 95.3 in Eugene and to a lesser extent by 94.7 and 95.5. KFFP-LP 90.3 has applied for and been granted a slight change in location and an increase in height from 10.4 to 15.7 meters HAAT. Power will remain at 100 watts. Let’s see if this helps.

semoochie
    Participant

This is mostly about programming but I think it fits: I noticed shortly after midnight on the 26th that KLVP-HD2 was on and airing Christmas music. I don’t know when they started but it seems like I checked it about a week before. They identified it as K-Love so I thought the network might offer it as an alternative during the holidays. There wasn’t an HD-3.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“Let’s see if this helps.”

Covered this in the LPFM thread. The additional height means there will be an additional 50,000 households receiving 60 dBu+ according to the Longley Rice analysis I ran. It’s got to be an improvement. Even the FCC 60 dBu pushes out a little, mostly north. The coverage on portions of the Banfield will still be scratchy due to the Alameda ridge being in the way.

semoochie
    Participant

Yes Andy, that’s what you said alright on December 8th. I posted on December 6th, hoping for your reply.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Since the deaths of so many celebrities have been covered on this board, perhaps, I should mention a radio station casualty of 2016. KPQR-LP signed off in September. Wild Planet Radio still exists as a Website.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.