Towers 'N' STUFF 2015 Edition!

This topic contains 96 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Dxer1969 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author

semoochie
    Participant

Andy, regarding the Silverton translator: They didn’t consider it a displacement, now that KLVP has moved? OK, I retract my question. I didn’t realize that the link was about that very point, nor did I realize that it wasn’t an existing translator.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  semoochie.

radiogeek
    Participant

Who exactly is Common Comm. NW? Never heard of this before.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Bicoastal’s application to move fill in translator K242AB (fed off air from KRKT Albany) from downtown Salem to Channel 244 and to relocate to Prospect Hill has been approved. Their new call sign will be K244FG. They will be increasing height, using a directional antenna and reducing power to comply with interference rules (see ยง74.1204 Protection of FM broadcast, FM Translator and LP100 stations) with respect to co channels KCRF in Lincoln City, OPAL’s proposed LPFM on Bull Mountain and a new LPFM in Sweet Home. There is also a first adjacent station, translator K243BG in Corvallis.

boisebill
    Participant

KLYC has their directional rebuild all done!

AM STATION APPLICATIONS FOR MODIFICATION OF LICENSE GRANTED
    ———————————————————–
    OR BMML-20150522AGT KLYC 6322 CELEBRATE LIFE MEDIA, LLC Method of Moments
    P 1260 KHZ MCMINNVILLE, OR

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Did KLYC change its night pattern, or did they just replace the old Western Electric antenna phaser?

I am in Hillsboro, and their night pattern throws a pretty deep null this way. They are a bit hard to pick up here. When Radio Was finished a few minutes ago. Now, “Automatic” by the Pointer Sisters is playing. I haven’t heard that song on the radio in many years.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Yes, Alfredo. I respect you as well. Never worked in the biz. Even though I always wanted to. I have a list of all of the AM stations that I DXed back in 1972 from BEavercreek Oregon. A sweet spot actually. Very interesting too. 1550 San Francisco. Classical at that. Came in like gangbusters back then. KISN 910? A whiny mess. Oh, how I hated that!

Dxer1969
    Participant

Oh, and I do enjoy KLYC. Can only get then during the day though. Enjoy Casey Kasem on Sunday afternoons. And yes, Automatic by the Pointer Sisters? Rarely heard anymore. Saw then at the Schizer 8 years ago. They were great!

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.