Towers 'N' STUFF 2015 Edition!

This topic contains 96 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Dxer1969 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)
  • Author

semoochie
    Participant

Thank you Jr, I’ll go back to the same spot in a few days to see if anything has changed.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Fill in translator for 99.9 KRKT Albany, K242AB Salem (96.3) (recently displaced by KWLZ’s move to Portland) has filed for an STA to remain silent until their application to move to Prospect Hill and operate on Channel 244 (96.7) is approved. This location is near K264AA, the KBOO translator on 100.7 being used by KMUZ.

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/CDBS_Attachment/getattachment.jsp?appn=101693895&qnum=5090&copynum=1&exhcnum=1

Proposed move to: 44 51 14 N 123 7 20 W

K264AA: 44 51 18 N 123 7 15 W

boisebill
    Participant

Portland needs another rim-shot.
    How about 104.5 licensed to White Salmon, WA.
    The 60 dbU just clips Troutdale and half of Vancouver.
    https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/CDBS_Attachment/getattachment.jsp?appn=101692214&qnum=5350&copynum=1&exhcnum=1

Joe
    Participant

104.5 Way-FM must love this…

Broadway
    Participant

This will bump Way-fm off their translator but not off the freq if they buy the CP!

e_dawg
    Participant

I’m not sure if Way-FM could move back to 104.7 or will KDUK force them to change frequency?

boisebill
    Participant

That’s a rough path to the Portland Metro.
    Not much power either.
    Crap signal all around.

semoochie
    Participant

A couple of points: I have recently discovered that KQAC is running an HD4. It sounds Jamaican to me and I was wondering if it might actually be World Music. There’s a jingle where they identify the name of the channel but I haven’t been able to make it out yet. According to the Ibiquity site, there is also supposed to be an HD3 but it isn’t on the air. The site lists both channels as “Independent”. With KLVP recently activating HD, it makes me think that the primary reason for doing so would be to feed the AirOne translator from its upcoming HD2 instead of leasing KKCW-HD3.

jr_tech
    Participant

Early thread about the testing of KQAC HD-2

http://archive.pdxradio.com/2009-14/topic/kqac-899-hd2

My Sangean tuner indicates that the station is running mode mp-3 (not to be confused with mp3 bit reduction)… sounds pretty good to me!

Bob Berry
    Participant

Just keep iboc shitting in your own band, until a gov’t agency seeing your wasteful ways, decides to make a little petty cash for the US treasury.
    http://www.numbersleuth.org/trends/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Losing_Money.jpg

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Bob Berry. Reason: buzzer noise on the increase

Andy Brown
    Participant

KDOA The Dalles has applied to be assigned to a new non profit and also has filed under the existing licensee to move across the river to Stacker Butte. Their CP expires on Nov. 15. All orchestrated by Common Frequency in Davis, CA. This means that within a week, they expect the FCC to approve the move and for them to stick an antenna on a two by four, hold in the air, and consider themselves “constructed” and file for an STA for some reason to get more time to do it right. They requested expedited processing but even so, they are cutting it close. If you haven’t figured it out by now, Common Frequency is less about saving CP’s and licenses that are going to go dark or expire and mostly about keeping the channels out of the hands of the Borg. As best as I can tell, nothing has been done on this one for three years since members on the board have promised to divest KDOA when their LPFM application in Portland was granted. The original proposal, you might recall, was particularly misguided, locating their antenna half way up a steep slope southwest and outside The Dalles so that their signal would fly across the river and serve no one twice. The original signal and the strong bounce shot off of the wall of dirt behind them.

boisebill
    Participant

Not a peep out of another Common Frequency CP over this way. CP for 97.3 expires 01/11/2016. The site NE of Lime has some State microwaves and a couple OPB microwaves for their TV & FM translators in Ontario. Weather’s closing in on this one.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  boisebill.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

“Just keep iboc shitting in your own band, until a govt agency seeing your wasteful ways, decides to make a little petty cash for the US treasury.”

What on earth are you beating on about?

Andy Brown
    Participant

Citicaster’s (Clear Channel/iHeart Media) attempt to place a translator on Channel 272 (102.3) in Silverton to rebroadcast KFBW 105.9 Vancouver has been denied because they did not propose to use the frequency they originally applied for in 2013 (Channel 250 97.9) but rather proposed a major change and requested a waiver to do it which is not acceptable for several reasons. See:

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/getimportletter_exh.cgi?import_letter_id=61799

Their original application remains on file but has not been granted.

Andy Brown
    Participant

KDOA’s application to amend their Construction Permit and move across the river to Stacker Butte has been granted by and they immediately filed for their license although their 302 form has no specifics on it. Their application to amend was made on 11/5, the amended CP was granted on 11/10 and the 302 form was accepted for filing on 11/16. Curiously, their CP expired yesterday. I guess being on a Sunday they had up until today to file the 302. No STA to go silent has yet been filed so I would assume they are on the air.

Channel 268 C3 101.5

The new licensee is Common Comm. NW, a partnership of Common Frequency in Davis, CA (licensee of KXRY) and some local folks. Common Comm. NW also becomes licensee of KTFH, Lee’s Camp.

No money changed hands.

So maybe KDOA won’t turn out to be DOA after all, but they sure cut it close.

Probably not even DX’able in Portland due to co channel KFLY in Corvallis.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.