Top Fox Host Bashes Trump!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant
    paulwalker
    Participant

I understand the lack of responses to my latest post might be due to my lack of clarity.

Shepard Smith blasted Trump based on his outrage that Trump would insult the media.

My response includes a story that was not widely reported, that being Shepard came out as a gay person in October.

I can’t prove anything here, but I do wonder if his unfavorables are coming from not only his blasting of Trump, but his honesty in October. The two items are separate for sure, but are they really? This is an important item and needs to be discussed. I will give Shep the total benefit of the doubt that he is under fire for his political statements about Trump, but I can’t help but wonder what else may be playing into this.

Notalent
    Participant

Shep is actually not a conservative. Not all Fox hosts are, contrary to popular belief.

skeptical
    Participant

Shep disqualified himself as a conservative when he came out.

The new term for him in conservative circles is now “traitor”, right Notalent?

paulwalker
    Participant

I think we are getting closer to the truth here. Shep was never a problem for conservatives in his multi-decade career at Fox. I can’t remember anyone complaining about him as not being conservative enough for Fox.

However, when he comes out as gay, all of a sudden he is hated. This is the issue. And it continues to show the hypocrisy of the Fox audience, and conservatives in general.

It’s news to me that he’s gay. I never saw him as a conservative, either.

Trump supporters are going to attack the media for attacking Trump. Gay or straight is irrelevant.

Andrew
    Participant

Is it wrong for the media to attack a president when he lies so blatantly? Or should the media be complaint and quiet – at least, until another Democrat is elected?

Amus
    Participant

“Is it wrong for the media to attack a president when he lies so blatantly?”

I would like to hear the answer to this?

Also,

Is there any wrong that Hillary Clinton could be accused of that Donald Trump could not be forgiven for?

edselehr
    Participant

Interesting that Bacon changed his avatar to Malik Obama, lifted right off his Twitter account. So here’s at least one place that Bacon gets his self-affirming pro-Trump bullshit:

https://twitter.com/ObamaMalik?lang=en

Notalent
    Participant

I didn’t know he was gay either. “Not that there is anything wrong with that…”

It’s obvious if you listen to him that he is not towing the conservative line that people expect from Fox. Rather admirable of Fox to keep him on in a great time slot based on his talent and not his politics or personal life choices.

radiogeek
    Participant

Being opposed to incompetent or bat shit crazy people having positions of power isn’t right nor is it left. So even Fox with an overall balance to the right can realize that Trump is not good for America.

Reminds me of when Pat Buchanan turned against Dubya. It took quite a few years, but finally he’d had enough of incompetence and total disregard for the Constitution.

Vitalogy
    Participant

“based on his talent and not his politics or personal life choices.”

Life choices?

paulwalker
    Participant

Uh-huh. Gays don’t choose to be gay, no matter how many conservatives say that is the case. Are we not past this ridiculous notion here in 2017?

skeptical
    Participant

Looks like Buchanan is gung-ho on Trump:

http://buchanan.org/blog/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.