Top 4 playoffs seem set

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

With FSU winning tonight (almost…a 9-point lead with just minutes to go), Alabama with a big win, TCU with a big win, and OR with a big win. There you have it.

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. TCU
    4. FSU

So it appears Oregon will play TCU in the first round. Looking forward to it, should be a great matchup. The only wrinkle could be a suprise Ohio State step ahead of FSU or TCU but I doubt it. We will find out midday Sunday.

Brianl
    Participant

Not so fast, my friend (as Lee Corso says). Ohio State’s 59-0 blasting of Wisconsin, in the Big 10 title game (something the Big XII doesn’t have, a championship game), is throwing a wrench in this. And Ohio State did it with their third-string quarteback, making his first career start.

TCU has a better loss – to Baylor (Ohio State lost in week two to Virginia Tech). But TCU and Baylor are now sharing the Big 12 title, and Ohio State obviously stamped their name on the Big 10 title.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Florida State move up to the three seed, and Ohio State jump up to fourth. Heck, Oregon might get #1 now, their win over Arizona was much more impressive, over a better opponent, than Alabama’s was over Missouri.

Vitalogy
    Participant

The Ducks should be pretty happy about the playoff format, because if we still had the BCS format, it would be FSU vs Alabama.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.