Too Missing KSKD

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Chris_Taylor
    Participant

I’m only catching the tail end of this thread. Dxer, thanks for sharing such a personal story that touched on both the power of radio and the Christmas season.

I love the power of stories, as well. We each have one or many, as the case may be. When we get at our ugliest on this board, I try and remember that there is a living, breathing, human being on the other end of the text, living out their everyday life the best way they know how.

We all make decisions based on what we know in that moment and time. It is the wise one who continues to seek wisdom from those decisions as they grow older.

Grief, is one the most misunderstood feelings, particularly here in the US. Those dealing with loss get about 2-4 week pass for things they say or do while dealing with loss. Then you’re expected to just “snap” out of it.

Well, grief doesn’t work that way. As Dxer shared, it can be one the of the shittiest times in your life. The loss is deep, the pain very real, and yet the world just keeps on going while you agonize on every breath.

My 89 year old father, who lost his wife over the Thanksgiving weekend in 2006, often answers the question, “how are you doing?” this way; “Living gratefully.”

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Peace to you and yours.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Chris. True words my friend. Glad you took the time and much thanks for your support and understanding. You are a voice of reason and wisdom on this forum! Am glad you are here. And am sorry about your loss. My own father passed away in August of 2007. 6 months after my wife passed. She was 59. He was 79. But yes, that was a double whammy. Only now, am I finally getting over that. The forum here actually helped in that regard. Thank you, Chris, for just being here!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

My condolences. 🙁

missing_kskd
    Participant

Mine as well, and thanks for sharing your story with us.

Getting that moment was worth a lot! I don’t have much to add to the fine thoughts here, other than some encouragement to continue to share and focus on good in your life, no matter how small.

Doing that counts for a lot.

Merry Xmas everyone!

Dxer1969
    Participant

@ Paul. Thank you. My mother is still with us. Going pretty strong at 87 years of age. Had a most enjoyable Xmas with her.She still gives too many gifts, but what can ya do? But enjoy it all! But yes, when mom does pass on, it will be very difficult. Thanks for sharing and am very sorry for your loss.

Dxer1969
    Participant

@ Alfredo. Thank you, my friend. Appreciate you, dude!

Dxer1969
    Participant

@ Missing. You are the primary reason I shared such a personal story. And by doing so, much weight of that rock is now off my back. For several years, I was just a reader here. You had more postings than anyone. And you shared your personal life’s stories too! The good, the not so good, and the ugly. I admired. And respected how you dealt with personal issues and what you took on!
    Thank you so much for your encouragement and wisdom! Hope you and the family had a happy Xmas! Because you deserve it, sir!

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.