Too Missing KSKD

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Dxer1969
    Participant

Missing! Please be here for me! I had trouble . Think I’m OK now. Don’t worry now. I’m over it. But just to let you know, it took awhile to compose this message. Goddamn it! I just wanted to be here! Love you guys!

missing_kskd
    Participant

Relax, nobody is going anywhere.

Please do not worry over small things. Nobody will do anything you should worry over

When you are relaxed, continue with what happened from the radio side.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Ok. Yesterday was a depressing cold rainy ass day. The roommates brought over a nice bottle of Hornitos spiced honey tequila! Would up drinking all night. Stuff tasted awesome. But when when you mix pills and booze, shit happens. Why lie. Sorry if I upset anyone.

paulwalker
    Participant

You didn’t upset anyone here, perhaps only yourself. But please understand that most on here are friendly PNW guys and gals (though my guess is the gals are probably not represented much). A whole other topic, lol.

There is a way out from pills and booze, though it is certainly a tough road. Those who know me closely can relate, and there is a way out. It isn’t always pleasant, and it isn’t always easy, but the result is better than either of these paths. Please understand that there are ways out, and some of us might be able to help, if needed. If not, that is OK, too. Some can get through this on their own, most can’t.

Contact Dan Packard for my personal information. I have given him permission to contact me. Best wishes.

Paul Walker

missing_kskd
    Participant

Word.

Paul speaks the truth. I suspect more people than we know have had some rough times dealing with those things. I have.

Hey, I’ve been on the ugly end of a few things in my life. Many have.

In the interest of harm reduction, don’t mix. Please. One or the other, and commit. Bad things can and very regularly do happen on that and other combos.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Thank you so much Missing and Paul! You guys have always been the voices of reason on this this forum.

Brianl
    Participant

Dxer – there are avenues to take for help. Paul being one. We are, if anything, a close-knit community in here that cares for one another and are there for one another. We don’t always agree on things, and it can get animated and heated in here at times, but at the core root, this is an awesome place with awesome people. Most have radio backgrounds, some do not, but we all put our pants on one leg at a time.

Hang in there, and know you have a network behind you.

Dxer1969
    Participant

@ Brian Thank you for your support! Wish I was there at the gathering. Hopefully next time. You as well, seem like a really cool dude in my book!

paulwalker
    Participant

Hi again. Just email me, Dan has my personal email and you can tell him you saw it at PDX radio for a free test drive. I have no answers, nor does anyone really, but feel free to contact me to atleast get some perspective from someone who is probably about your age and has gone through some of the things you have. Worth a try? I hope so…if not, I get it. This is where the perspective comes in. Sometimes we deny we need help, or at the very least, support, which in the end may be more important than actual help. I’ll leave it there for now. Let me know if I can help in any way. BTW, this post is not meant to be anything other than support to a fellow human being. I am not trying to save anyone here, just to help those who I can. Paul

missing_kskd
    Participant

You mentioned doing your situation right DXer.

Tell us about it some. Take your time, relax, and share a little. I’ll bet this is good for you.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Yes! Missing and Paul. Respected and liked guys from the start! Yeah, I’ll be 57 in a week Feel much older though. Bad habits have a way of sneaking up on you. But this forum was a life saver. So many respectable people here. Who know the biz and who know about life! The good and the bad. Thanks so much for just being there!!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

From what was posted near the beginning of this thread, it seems that KSKD was programmed in-house, despite being an automated station. I wish that I could have heard the real thing.

Today, I respect KFLY for what they are trying to do. A few parts of the broadcast day are live. However automation seems to have become a fact of life in nearly all of music radio. Charlie FM’s presentation, on the other hand, I find insulting and unlistenable.

Which music stations today don’t make use of automation at some part of the broadcast day? The only ones that I can think of are those where almost all of the content is delivered via satellite — KKOV and KBMS.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I wish you could too. I has several hours of tape, done on a whim, now lost in a move.

I don’t think any airchecks exist.

IMHO, they spent a lot of time on making things fit. And the feel was one of sets more than a full on shuffle or multi wheel rotation scheme. Hear one tune, and often it would be in sequence with a few others, and this varied some. Not a lot, but enough to make sense.

At the end, they put “Built This City” on with their awards and accolades tastefully dubbed over. I did record that.

Then it was Q105, and I moved on.

…to KBBT of all things! An AM gem, in stereo, playing a hot alternative and pop crossover mix. Miss that one almost as much. Saw a KBBT sticker last weekend. What a hoot!

Dxer1969
    Participant

@Missing. Remember back in May 1991. The week of stunting. A non stop snippet of LaTour’s song called People Are still having Sex. Damn thing hit # 35 on the charts! 1 hit wonder. But yeah, that weird ass song was a hoot too!

Dxer1969
    Participant

@ Alfredo. They all do now,I believe. Probably the last to were KINK,maybe the bull & the buzz. The non profits I believe are live!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.