Time Out for Some Music

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Chris_Taylor 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Shameless shelf promotion moment to break up the political pandering.

The band I’m in, HomeBrew, recorded an original song of mine back in November. We released it on Christmas Day.

If you go to this link, you’ll read who the major local artist was that heard this song live and encouraged me, specifically, to get this song recorded.

The song is just a fun, upbeat, pop/R&B positive love song with a 10 piece band with horns.

Hope ya’ll enjoy it.

For the engineering and audio geeks: We recorded at Dead Aunt Thelma’s Studio. Sound engineer was Dean Baskerville. (Sheryl Crow, Everclear, part of his credits – and a long time friend)

missing_kskd
    Participant

I really enjoyed it. Production on the horns and drums has a lot of punch. Turn that up!

Thanks Chris. It’s a fun tune. Catchy.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Thanks, Doug. Appreciate the support and feedback.

warner
    Participant

Great tune Chris! Love the horns, and the positive, upbeat, love centric lyrics. I just popped into pdxradio.com to see what condition things were in, and now I’m glad I did! Take care friend.

missing_kskd
    Participant

No worries Chris thanks for sharing it. I genuinely enjoyed the track. I’m going to throw it on the office playlist

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Great that you dropped in, Kim. Thanks for the kind words.

Doug, you just made my day by adding me to your playlist.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Let me do that later tonight when I buy a copy.

(so it’s on the office playlist legit, lol)

I did play it for a classically trained musician here. He’s in sales, and we’ve been trading tracks for a while, chatting about music in the usual way. We all know how that goes, and out came a lament about horns.

Of course! Timing was perfect.

So there you go. One listener, loving the well produced horns and percussion. 😀

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

I’ll pass that along to my bandmates at our next rehearsal, Doug. They will appreciate it.

Been with this band nearly 5 years. First band I’ve been in with horns (except for high school jazz lab). Man, does that make all the difference when writing songs.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Good job, Chris! I’ve listened several times on separate occasions to really absorb.

Bass and drums are a good rhythm section unto themselves. The horns only enrich the mix. Love the trumpet solo.

IMHO there should be a little more guitar action, but hey, that’s just me.

I’d love to hear a bluesier song your band does, with organ and both lead and rhythm guitar.

Lot’s of talent here that might not be showing in this particular track.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Andy-

Thanks for the input. So appreciate your input and support of this band. Just a great group of folks to rehearse with and occasional get to perform. Most fun band I’ve ever been in.

Here’s a link from our Facebook page of a live gig we did back during just before Christmas. Just some short clips of three songs we performed. The harmonica player in the first clip was filling in for our regular harp player.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.