Time for F&B to go

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    jerry1949
    Spectator

I need to correct myself. There was a “shitty” motivation behind starting this thread, but it’s the most awesome thread I have seen on this board.

@amus

I’ve never said anything about gay being a choice.

Beliefs sometimes are relevant to the topic and should be expressed. But I don’t go out of my way to preach them.

MK thinks my religious beliefs are bigotry and therefore I must shut up about my religious beliefs. He’s entitled to redefine bigotry while conveniently ignoring his own obvious bigotry, and invent his own dogma, but I should be able to share why I can sympathize with a woman being destroyed for following her beliefs. My expressions of what he unfairly labeled as “bigotry” did not go “unchecked.” Many disagreed. Unfortunately by being “checked” he means being silenced, forbidden to broach certain topics, or banned.

@andy_brown

I mostly ignore you because you’ve harrassed, bullied, and viciously attacked me too many times. I take some solace in the idea that perhaps because of me some poor dog isn’t being kicked. If you expect a response, apologize and promise to do better going forward.

Also, I think you need to lighten up a little, dude. You take yourself and your posts waaaaay too seriously.

@mk

Ditto, except you’re a little better.

@vitalogy

If you succeed in your efforts, you could be next. Have you forgotten about that very importand letter mr brown intends to send to Dan with the hope of getting you banned? Be very scared. BTW, even though I think you are worthy of being banned I would encourage Dan not to ban you, because I am a classy guy.

@brianl

Quality is better than quantity but you’ve lost a large quantity of quality posters here. I think I add to the board, but those who don’t like my posts can easily ignore them as I do of others. Anyway, I enjoyed meeting you and am bummed there won’t be any pizza next time, but am happy for you that you got to stay at PDX and with a better job.

Brianl
    Participant

If you fly out again, look me up at Cafe’ Yumm!. Better quality food. 🙂 Thank you for the kind words.

jerry1949
    Spectator

I will. Note that if I seemed “apprehensive” it was because I thought you hated my guts and I could see that if there was to be a confrontation the only advantage I had was possibly being able to run a little faster.

Brianl
    Participant

Hah! Yes, most glaciers would outrun me. I completely understand you being apprehensive. I appreciate you making the gesture. My actions were out of line, and I realize that.

Andy Brown
    Participant

F&B farts out the following:

I mostly ignore you because you’ve harrassed, bullied, and viciously attacked me too many times.”

You ignore me because I’ve accurately called you out for almost all of your transgressions against minorities, women, people of color, those that are more educated and experienced than you are. Operative word being accurately. You are all ego with no substance. Bombastic is your style.

” I take some solace in the idea that perhaps because of me some poor dog isn’t being kicked.”

Because of you this board is currently stagnant. Because of you many regular posters don’t post because your behavior is not only despicable, but your need for attention constantly and your desire to be the topic of attentions every day is deplorable and underscores your need for professional psychological or even psychiatric help.

” If you expect a response, apologize and promise to do better going forward.”

Apologize to you for calling out your bigotry and hatred of the poor, the non white, the non Christian, the better informed, the better educated? Yes, I am sorry about your mental illnesses and social defects. How’s that?

“Also, I think you need to lighten up a little, dude. You take yourself and your posts waaaaay too seriously.”

A typically inaccurate assessment. I don’t need to lighten up at all. You need to come face to face with your own reality and as many here are trying to tell you, it’s not a pretty one. Your constant cry of being a victim is like someone jaywalking and getting hit by a car and then screaming at the driver who hit you. If the posts about you by me or anyone here for that matter seem too serious, it’s your lack of understanding them which in turn is from your oversized ego and undersized formal education. Your incessant demand that your interpretation of science and religion is absolute is more than annoying. You are the one that needs to lighten up and realize, as I have been saying, what you think counts for one (very uninformed) opinion and one opinion only. Telling me that I take myself too seriously is really just another cry out from you announcing to us all that you just don’t grasp your own faults because when others point them out, you just lash out and blame everyone else.

You are not part of the great profundity that exists here, and that drives you to act out in bombastic ways. It’s very sad. I feel sorry for you.

Even your post to which I am answering shows just how conceited and self absorbed you are. So again, I ask,
    why is it that YOU have been banned from this forum for three times in the past?

NoParty
    Participant

Deane said>>>
    That sums it up nicely. Vitalogy could benefit also by adapting that understanding.

Pot meet Kettle

NoParty
    Participant

Andy said>>>
    Because of you this board is currently stagnant. Because of you many regular posters don’t post because your behavior is not only despicable, but your need for attention constantly and your desire to be the topic of attentions every day is deplorable and underscores your need for professional psychological or even psychiatric help.

Exactly why I left for a while. The extremists right wing hate group on here grates on me to no end. Never wrong and never out of line. It’s made a once FUN board downright NO FUN! The extreme right just doesn’t get it and the louder they scream the more I ignore. I had to hit reset and step back because of some people’s actions. Ive been on this board since 1999 and I never figured that I’d ever drop out but I had to.

If you want FAUXNews a style messageboard they’re all over the fucking place! There are 3,500+ CONservative messageboards on the net. JOIN ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!

jerry1949
    Spectator

Join “democratic underground” noparty, if you need a board that is purely liberal democrat. They stomp out any conservative posts. They might enjoy your DUHbya schtick (for a couple of posts, not 10,000).

I’d rather discuss issues with those who have different ideas than mine. What fun is it to be one with a hive mind?

Anyway, there are only a couple of right wingers posting here. Hardly a “group.”

Many regular posters dropped out of here long before I came back. That can’t be pinned on me. It’s true a lot of attention is being drawn to me, but it’s not my doing. It’s because of vitalogy’s vendetta.

Why can’t we all just get along? Seriously. A mountain has been made out of a molehill because of just one thread that was almost over. Except for this thread, just look around at all the threads that are not political, not religious, and where I have not posted. There’s something for everyone and irritating posts can be ignored. My objection is personal attacks. Do you get many of them from right wingers here noparty?

Listener_Pete
    Participant

I’d rather discuss issues with those who have different ideas than mine. What fun is it to be one with a hive mind?

If you want to discuss issues with people who have different ideas than yours, what the hell are you doing here? There are several forums out there where you can discuss almost anything. For the last 4 1/2 years I have been posting at the link below and they have several sub-forums including religion and abortion. The people who post there range from the far Left to the far Right. The forum is powered by vBulletin and is well organized.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/

edselehr
    Participant

“What fun is it to be one with a hive mind?”

I don’t know, I’m not Catholic.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I’m not going to do anything right now.

Maybe this dialog will see things improve.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Ah, Fair & Balanced.

As you took the time to directly cite me earlier, I in turn have chosen to take a brief moment to address you in reply.

Unlike you, I was not nor have I ever been banned from this or any other forum. As you correctly guessed I had simply left of my own accord. I have not posted in well over a year and only check in every once in a great while to see if there’s anything intriguing or interesting that may be worth contributing towards. In my opinion, generally there is not. So now I truly do only lurk. And as noted, quite haphazardly at best. I guess it’s your lucky day!

Why have I taken my leave of this forum, may you ask? Well, ironically you raised the question and you are a part of the answer. There’s simply no point in engaging in critical discourse with an ideologue. Or put another way, one cannot reason with the unreasonable.

I find your statements of “fact” are largely opinion based and oft formed via overgeneralization, illogical conclusions, personal bias, and every form of logical fallacy imaginable. I find many of your opinions offensive and much of your worldview introverted and smugly sanctimonious. You evidence little interest much less facility in attempting to sway anyone to your way of thought via supportive reasoning, and in turn are completely close minded and dogmatically hidebound in almost every regard when confronted by others. You often pick and choose which answers to address when questioned by another poster, (and despite your protestations to the contrary, it’s certainly not about choice of language or decorum) and rarely miss an opportunity to drag a completely unrelated thread back to a topic more near and dear to your heart. By your own words and actions, you are far more the fitting definition of an internet troll than a thoughtful contributor to any actual discussion that may be on-going.

In short, I find you an insufferable bore.

Lest you feel I am somehow being unfair or unbalanced, I hasten to add you’re simply the most egregious standard bearer of that collection of unsavory traits; you’re certainly not singular in any regard. I find you positively Aristotelian in thought compared to, say, Broadway. Whom is apparently the literal embodiment of the axiom that ignorance is bliss.

In turn, I am clearly guilty of exhibiting complete intolerance of the willfully ignorant and the gleefully stupid as well as the noxious collection of isms that often accompany such folk. I’m ok with that as I believe that time and the changing demography of our country will spell an eventual end to all of you as a political force worth expending an iota of worry about. I’m still (relatively) young. I can wait.

My thoughts can best be summed up by encouraging you to (by all means!) believe whatever provably ignorant or medieval idiocy you will. However, as you cannot empirically support your viewpoint, do not seem genuinely interested in attempting to convince anyone else your opinion has merit and should therefore be adopted, nor are even interested in the most surface way of being open to the thoughts of another, you are simply not worth the time nor bother to engage with.

I love a good (actual) discussion. Due in part to those like you, I’ve gone elsewhere in search of one.

Have a happy day!

/Back to Lurking Only mode.

jerry1949
    Spectator

Nice to see you, sir. Your courageous hit-and-run post reminds me of why I have a certain level of respect for you. You must have been moved that I remembered you in my list of the Dearly Departed. Congratulations that you have never been banned. In my case, I’d prefer to say that I was railroaded but that’s water under the bridge. Time to forgive and forget.

Don’t blame me for leaving, however. You stopped posting during my two year hiatus. Nice try, though. You’re free, however, to have real discussions with others on this board and totally ignore my posts. Do they ALL fall short of your high standards?

BTW, I’ve read the book of Revelation. WE win! Join our team before it’s too late.

May I consider that since you posted in this thread in honor of me that I have your support?

missing_kskd
    Participant

Seriously?

jerry1949
    Spectator

Seriously what?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.