Time for F&B to go

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Dear Dan,

Please remove F&B for the 4th time from this forum.

Me, and a lot of other people who may not want to speak up.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I’m good with that.

We’ve gotten back to raw advocacy for theocracy and bigotry, just like we did the last few times.

Fuck this guy.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I oppose Vitalogy being banned. If he goes, I do.

missing_kskd
    Participant

No I didn’t.

The terms theocracy and bigotry very clearly identify one of these two people, and have nothing to do with the other one of these two people.

Nice try though!

edselehr
    Participant

Gouge, look at the posting times. Missing was composing his response to Vit while you were posting – he is responding to Vit, not you.

If you really want Vit removed, start your own thread.

skeptical
    Participant

I believe seniority counts for a bit here unless you get caught in a war hero lie.

paulwalker
    Participant

Perhaps everyone is missing the point here. Dan will not remove anyone from here unless there is a deliberate effort to attack another poster. Please remember that one of the reasons why this site continues to exist is to offer all opinions. These petty disagreements will not bar anyone. When one feels a disagreement, the obvious answer is to bar the opposing viewpoint. Wrong. That is why nobody in this thread should be banned. Can anyone give Dan credit for this concept? I do.

Andy Brown
    Participant

If you really want to rid the board of a parasite, you must write to Dan at comment@pdxradio.com and explain with linked examples how the parasite in question is causing the forum to be stagnant, even regressive, and being made to constantly revisit issues previously discussed because of the pet agenda(s) and abhorrent views of the parasite in question. One good letter is all it takes, although several folks complaining is better. Dan doesn’t read this side of the board on a regular basis, so starting a hate thread is the wrong way to go. Look, I got him banished three times (with help from others), and I told Vern I wasn’t going to lead another attempt to do it again. I was confident that in time, he would shoot himself in the foot, which he has been doing for about three months now (since right before the change in software). Be sure and point out the tendencies of the parasite to speak for others and give examples as Dan really does not like that kind of posting behavior.

Gouge, I appreciate your fair play effort, but this is an issue that has a long history and I’ve got plenty of old emails between some of us and Dan to prove it. This is not about being opinionated as we all have varying opinions on lots of topics. This is about behavior issues that keep the forum from progressing. When the same topics under different titles or ones that are totally hijacked by the parasite to vent his vitriol keep the forum from functioning smoothly, that’s when Dan will act. Just blowing off some steam on occasion is nothing big around here. Constantly making hollow accusations against the whole board . . . well that’s a good reason to give someone a time out or be banished altogether. Trust me on this, as I’ve been down this road several times with some of the original incarnations of Jerry1949 when he was fairandbalanced, Wrath of Con, Libby and there was one other. Did you know that Vern (his real name) at one point started his own forum just to have a place to further take pot shots at this whole forum? He got himself shut down there as well. I like you Gouge. I like Vitalogy, too. You’re both young, though. You’re not even 30 and I don’t think Vit is even 40 yet. You both still have things to learn but what those things are is not for me to figure out. This forum does not operate like other forums. It’s much more tightly knit at the center although it does have plenty of loose threads around the perimeter. Vern’s issues with the board are always going to be there. When he behaves, he can co-exist but he has several triggers that just turn him into an impediment to logical discussion. Vern’s constant claim to speaking for groups larger than himself is not a virtue, it is a defect of both mind and manner. He can’t write worth a damn, either. Anyway, like I said, I see the need for fair play and that is why I won’t be writing Dan about F&B this time around, but if Vitalogy wants to spearhead an effort, he is free to do it but starting this thread won’t get him there. It may simply chase F&B back into his hole for a few weeks until the next thread that triggers his kind of insanity (Aspergers Syndrome, adult onset).

Thanks for reading.

jerry1949
    Spectator

WTF

If my posts were on a board where there were some basic rules, my posting would be considerd close to exemplary.

I don’t like some of the nasty stuff said against Christians and republicans and I hate that verbal abuse and bullying often prevail, but I don’t cry out for anyone to be banned. Isn’t this a board where diversity is welcome and where all points of view may be expressed?

I posted a topic in the news and about what from my perspective is outrageous and unjust treatment of a woman following her Christian conscience.

And others disagreed and that’s perfectly fine with me.

But the christain perspective must be censored? That’s lame.

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting, lively, and fun discussion. You spoilsports who hate diversity are killing a board that has already considerably shrunk. That thread had a lot of good activity. Would you rather there had been no discussion? And if you didn’t like it, why not ignore it?

Thank you Paul and Gouge for being fair.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Paul wrote: “Dan will not remove anyone from here unless there is a deliberate effort to attack another poster.”

That is not entirely accurate, or at least it has not been so in the past. Constantly hijacking threads and steering them off topic to topics of a personal agenda nature has gotten people reprimanded, historically speaking, and even ejected both temporarily and permanently. Also, inappropriate behavior not necessarily aimed at a single poster has also resulted in ejections.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“If my posts were on a board where there were some basic rules, my posting would be considerd close to exemplary.”

Not.

Exemplary of dysfunction, misogyny, ignorance, narrow mindedness and arrogance.

“Isn’t this a board where diversity is welcome and where all points of view may be expressed?”

You don’t know the meaning of the word diversity.. This is a place where bullshit isn’t tolerated. If an opinion is bullshit, it is called out. You clearly don’t like that. If an opinion is backed up with lies and deceit, your sources will be impeached.

If there was stricter moderation on this board, you would never have been allowed back the 2nd, 3rd and 4th times. Just why do you think you were banned from here, ace? For having a right wing opinion? Is that what you really think? Tell us, why were you banned?

skeptical
    Participant

F&B sez: “exemplary”

Vitalogy
    Participant

Vern. How fitting!

I’m just tired of the gay bashing from Vern.

Just go away. Nobody here wants to hear any of your hatred.

edselehr
    Participant

“But the christain perspective must be censored?”

Not.

Cases in point: Broadway and Chris Taylor. Two examples of diverse Christian opinions; neither censored.

It’s your my-way-or-the-highway, threadjacking ways that get you in trouble here – not your “perspective”.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

If my posts were on a board where there were some basic rules, my posting would be considerd close to exemplary.

I am in shock that anybody, regardless of conduct or professed beliefs would post the above statement on a public forum. This is a peculiar cocktail of ego stroking and martyrdom.

Nonetheless, I do not like the spirit of this thread for a few related reasons:

1. As a rule, I think that communication to moderators, especially about the behavior of other participants, should be private.
    2. I don’t like the presumption that there are there are other like-minded people who don’t want to speak up.
    3. I cannot get the image of little kids going to the teacher, complaining, “please make him stop!” out of my head.
    4. Whether or not posters have engaged in anti-social behaviors here, I don’t find it gentlemanly to try to get back at them by humiliating them*.

*It is easy to express dissent with a person’s views without humiliating that person. Personal attacks on that person are the very clear-cut line between dissent and humiliation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.