The_Pope

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Alfredo_T
    Participant

Which Pope is pictured on The_Pope’s avatar?

duxrule
    Participant

Isn’t it the one before the one we have now? I’m pretty sure that Jer doesn’t have much respect for this current guy, since he actually upholds a number of Catholic tenets that Jer doesn’t think should be emphasized. Cafeteria Catholicism.

Amus
    Participant

So why the lightning bolts and red eyes?

Looks like the Emperor Palpatine to me.

Maybe Emperor Papaltine?

Amus
    Participant

I’m not a huge fan of the present Pope…

Of course you’re not.

He’s trying to steer the Church more towards the teachings of Christ himself.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

At least, the choice of Pope Benedict XVI (Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger) for the avatar is consistent with the views expressed in the posts.

Amus
    Participant

Ratzinger is the Scalia of Popes.

Fuck the poor and pass the Communion wafer!

Vitalogy
    Participant

Pope Benedict is a Nazi.

Amus
    Participant

http://www.silverdoctors.com/itccs-pope-benedict-resigned-to-avoid-arrest-seizure-of-church-wealth-by-easter/

It’s not real, but it’s just as real as half the stuff F&B uses to support some of his BS.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

All kidding aside, I don’t find it to be a problem for a poster on this forum to state that (s)he is a devout Catholic who strongly identifies with the church and its doctrines. However, I do find it disturbing that said person would take on the persona of the Pope.

Amus
    Participant

I still want to know what’s up with the lightning bolts & red eyes.

missing_kskd
    Participant

We are gonna burn! :p

edselehr
    Participant

The red eyes symbolize the eternal struggle deep within the account holder between his basically good soul, and his overpowering compulsion to be an authoritarian, judgemental, holier-than-thou, tone-deaf jerk.

The lightening bolts symbolize how cool it would be for one of the most dogmatic and conservative leaders of the Catholic Church to actually have lightening bolts come out of his hands. He would be able to solve the church’s problem with “teh gays” in no time. (Amiright, F&B? Huh? Huh? Amiright?)

NoParty
    Participant

Which is actually something that can be said for about half of this forum’s present-day clientele.

Thank you!

Wear it like a badge.

Andy Brown
    Participant
    edselehr
    Participant

So…now what are we going to talk about? 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.