The Weagant’s KKEY & More

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums History The Weagant’s KKEY & More

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    TimJordan
    Participant

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if Linda Weagant is still alive? I think she’s the owner of Key Storage which is on the other side of her tower property.

semoochie
    Participant

Linda is about the same age as Ron and he’s 72. If you go back into the archives, you can search for people like Al Emrich, Bob Anderson and others who are dearly departed. There’s a KKEY history that can be found in the Portland Radio History threads.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Tim: Here’s what the new master looks like. I hope a got all the info in the right order. Did you hold any titles at your former stations? These stations should all be before your move to KKEY. If they are after you left KEY, I need to add them to your KKGT return background.

“In 1992 Jim MkKey & Tim Jordon (formerly on KKOS, KBON, KIQY, KOWN, KFAT/KLOO) were co-hosts on KEY 6:00am to 8:00am & Jim Cuomo 3:00pm to 6:00pm weekdays. A few months later Tim Jordan co-hosted with Steve Bradley 6:00am to 8:00am on KEY. The show was later moderated by Pam Parson. By July 1992 Roy Masters was on KEY Radio 8:00am to 9:00am via KOPE Medford. By February 1993 KEY was carrying old time radio drama’s evenings. By this time Stephen Bradley was Promotions Manager & Tim Jordon, Acting Chief Operator while Ron Hudson was ill.”

________________________________________________________________________________________

Tim: Note J.D. Fort’s title. Were you hired as Chief of Operations instead of Station Manager?

“In January 1998 Tim Jordon (formerly on KKEY, KBNP) returned as Station Manager, then segueing into sales. J.D. Fort (formerly KUIK Asst. ND, KMJK; later aka Jon Davenport on KEX, as well as J.D. Fort) became Chief of Operations; Stephen Bradley was Public Affairs Director; Theodore J. “Ted” Piccolo, Sales Manager & Michael Anthony, Production Manager. The station employed 5 full-time & 7 part-timers.”

semoochie
    Participant

Tim, at the bottom of this page, you’ll find the word, “archive”. You might want to click on that.

TimJordan
    Participant

Hey Craig:

Here’s the text with a few minor fixes:

“In 1992 Jim MkKey & Tim Jordan (formerly on KKOS, KBON, KIQY, KOWN, KFAT/KLOO) were co-hosts on KEY 6:00am to 8:00am & Jim Cuomo 3:00pm to 6:00pm weekdays. A few months later Tim Jordan co-hosted with Steve Bradley 6:00am to 8:00am on KEY. The show was later moderated by Pam Parson. By July 1992 Roy Masters was on KEY Radio 8:00am to 9:00am via KOPE Medford. By February 1993 KEY was carrying old time radio drama’s evenings. By this time Stephen Bradley was Promotions Manager & Tim Jordan, Acting Chief Operator while Ron Hudson was ill.”

“In January 1998 Tim Jordan (formerly on KKEY, KBNP) returned as Station Manager, then segueing into sales. J.D. Fort (formerly KUIK Asst. ND, KMJK; later aka Jon Davenport on KEX, as well as J.D. Fort) became Chief of Operations; Stephen Bradley was Public Affairs Director; Theodore J. “Ted” Piccolo, Sales Manager & Michael Anthony, Production Manager. The station employed 5 full-time & 7 part-timers.”

I was hired as Station Manager by Ted and JJ when they bought KEY. Don’t remember exactly how long I was there.

At KKOS, KBON, KIQY, KOWN I worked in a part-time capacity as a disc jockey (mostly weekend work). At KLOO/KFAT I was employed in full time sales.

Thanks,

Tim Jordan

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Tim: I don’t go into detail on previous stations. Just calls and any titles you may have had. So I’m guessing what I wrote doesn’t need any changing.

TimJordan
    Participant

Hey Craig:

Correct.

Thanks,

Tim

semoochie
    Participant

Someone inquired as to the status of Linda Weagant. I can tell you she is alive. I ran into Sara Weagant today and she looked exactly like she did the last time I saw her, 23 years ago!

amicus
    Participant

Hello…discovered this site quite by accident and was surprised to find a history of KKEY in the 70’s and before. Very nostalgic and congratulations to Craig for the fine work. I would like to send out a warm hello to all those formerly of KKEY in the 70’s & 80’s and wish everyone well.. John Cole, published as Amicus amicusveritasb@yahoo.com

amicus
    Participant

To Semoochie….should you have occasion to meet Mrs. Weagandt again, please pass on my warm regards….John Cole… thank you !

semoochie
    Participant

Hi John, it’s been a long time! Are you still making the trek in from St. Helens? 🙂

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Earl Cogdill sent me some great old KEY I.D’s and Slogans. I wrote them down for posting here and will add them into the master copy of the KKEY history as well. I’ve dated when they most likely began to play:

October 1969 I.D.

“The Key To Contemporary Music. KKEY Portland.”

“On 11-50. (jingle: It’s A Big Wide Wonderful World of Country Music.) This Is Key Radio.”

1970 Sign Off with Jingle from 1961.

“This Is Key Country. KKEY Radio With A Day Time Power of Five Thousand Watts. Studios To Be 13th And West Burnside In Downtown Portland. Our Frequency, 11-50 Kilocycles. (jingle: Hear The Tunes With You In Mind. Settle Back For A Happy Time, With The Key Men And Mighty 11-50.) We’ll Return To The Air Tomorrow At 6 A.M., So Until Then, This Is Ralph Weagant Saying Good Evening Everyone.”

October 1971.

“A Great Combination, Talk Radio And Western Music. The Sound of Portland On 11-50. Key Radio.”

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

Added information regarding the 1957 call letter change and an additional paragraph on the most recent history to Craig’s original and thorough digest (see above – way above).

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Thanks for bumping this thread with the new information. I enjoyed the posts and links about the H.H. Scott high-fidelity AM radios.

jr_tech
    Participant

More Scott radio stuff:

http://www.antiqueradio.com/May04_Braithwaite_Quaranta.html

Really Superadios! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.