The Left's Fake Narrative Unravels

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    cbaravelli
    Spectator

Dodge and Duck. Dodge and Duck.
    Still proving you’re a bigot. Should’ve stopped when asked politely. An “I’m sorry” would suffice.

“Get ready Herb, because what really matters isn’t what you wrote about.” – Andy Brown
    Yup.
    While ‘militarizing” Federal agencies to quash opposition is not unusual (O’blama did crank it up to 11), the cruelest tax of all is beginning to creep up.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

And this don’t help none neither:
    http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/373177-alarm-bells-are-ringing-on-the-federal-debt
    Republican Congressionals are spending money like drunken sailors in a Bangkok whore house, again.

edselehr
    Participant

“An ‘I’m sorry’ would suffice.”

Amus
    Participant

“An “I’m sorry” would suffice”

I am truly sorry…
    …that you seem to be laboring under a false assumption as to what constitutes actual bigotry.

Here are a few examples of real bigotry for contrast;
    Trump’s real-estate company tried to avoid renting apartments to African-Americans in the 1970s and gave preferential treatment to whites.

“A well-educated black has a tremendous advantage over a well-educated white in terms of the job market…if I was starting off today, I would love to be a well-educated black, because I really do believe they have the actual advantage today.”
    -Trump 1989
    ^^ Trump – 1999 “Probably true” ^^

The Central Park Five

“They’re “bringing drugs. And they’re bringing crime. And they’re rapists.”

“Judge Gonzalo Curiel should recuse himself from the case because of his Mexican heritage and membership in a Latino lawyers association.”

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?”

Are all Trump supporters racist, white supremacists, and Nazi’s?

No. And it is wrong and unfair to say that they are.
    But some obviously are and he plays to them and gives them a voice.

But at the same time one can’t help but notice that neither is it a deal killer.

That implies that on some level, racists, white supremacists, and Nazis are acceptable and can be overlooked and even considered “very fine people” if their fervor can be used for whatever one perceives is a higher purpose.

Be it the notion that the wealthiest one percent bears an unfair burden in in society.

Wanting a religious exemption to equal treatment under the law.

Sendind those icky brown people back where they came from.

Or simple, and simple minded, tribal identity.

edselehr
    Participant

Amus, thanks for helping me remember perhaps the best descriptor of Trump, all his die-hard supporters, and the current Republican party:

Machiavellian

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Don’t apologize to me.
    Words mean something. Look up the word ‘bigot’. Your picture is there.
    Gott! How stupid can a smart man be?

Amus
    Participant

“How stupid can a smart man be?”

You do give an effective demonstration.

edselehr
    Participant

cbaravelli, your rant is based on a lack of history of this board.

Many years ago (actually on an earlier board format, which you might be able to find in the archives, Herb was just learning how to cite sources when making arguments. After sufficient berating, he started posting links that supported his arguments. It was clear that Herb was googling his arguments, found articles that agreed with him, and linked to them.

One problem. When tracking back to the home pages of those linked articles, all of them were from Neo-Nazi, KKK or White Supremacist websites.

I noted this first, and simply asked Herb, “Are you a white supremacist?” He vehemently denied it, but his sources told a different story. To this day, Herb has never fully accounted for his choice of supporting materials in that argument.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

big·ot noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots
    A person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
    While some may consider Jews to be a race, ethnic roots include Caucasian, Aryan as well as Semite. Issue is not race as some y’all rely upon. The issue is bigotry.
    Don’t blame others when yer stupid. Doesn’t work in court.

Amus
    Participant

So the jist of your argument is that bigotry towards bigots is somehow on an equal footing as bigotry toward someone based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation etc.

Here’s the thing about intolerance;
    One’s character can be judged on what he or she will not tolerate.

You’ve shown by your support of Trump just what you find tolerable.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

big·ot noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots
    A person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
    Issue is not race as some y’all rely upon. While some may consider Jews to be a race, ethnic roots include Caucasian, Aryan as well as Semite. The issue is bigotry.
    Don’t blame others when yer stupid. Doesn’t work in court.

Herb
    Spectator

Ah yes. The Nazi card.

We know the left is losing when in addition to saying ‘Look at this shiny object,’ they accuse those which whom they disagree as being in league with Nazis and their ilk.

The wheels of justice turn slowly. But they turn.

The left will find out.

Amus
    Participant

The Nazi card is appropriate when we are talking about real, self identifying, Nazis, the President of the United States declaring some of them “very fine people” and supporters who find that a tolerable position.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Don’t forget that wife beaters are very fine people too.

edselehr
    Participant

We know the left is losing when in addition to saying ‘Look at this shiny object,’ they accuse those which whom they disagree as being in league with Nazis and their ilk.

YOU are the one who has cited Neo-Nazi sources, dipshit.

And I’ve never claimed you are a Nazi…but I have asked the question.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.