The Kid

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

I’m absolutely dumbfounded by Ken Griffey Jr not getting a unanimous vote for the Hall of Fame. What the fuck is wrong with these voters???

The 3 dipshits that didn’t vote for Junior have some explaining to do. I hope they get exposed and are forced to explain their lack of a vote.

paulwalker
    Participant

Totally agreed.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Ken Griffey Jr. was awesome. Only times I ever made the drive to Seattle (Kingdome then) was to see the likes of Griifey! Johnson, and yes, even Rodriguez. Just loved it. And especially Griffey! Hall of Famer? I knew Griffey would make it in since 93. What a credit to baseball he was!

Brianl
    Participant

This comes up, sadly, all the time, Vit. Nobody has ever received a unanimous induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

The system of Baseball Hall of Fame voting is archaic and idiotic; it is left up to the Baseball Writers of America. The media. Well, the media has an agenda, and they have a history of not voting for someone, despite the clear-cut Hall credentials of the player, because they have a personal vendetta against the player. And, it has cost slam-dunk Hall of Fame players like Eddie Murray, votes. The writers think they are above the game.

I am in the minority of M’s fans that are NOT Griffey fans. I can’t forgive or forget how he moaned and whined his way out of Seattle not once, but twice. That said, he is one of the handful that is in the discussion for the GOAT, and that is undeniable.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Sorry you feel that way, Brian. You have your opinion. And I have mine. I truly enjoyed watching Griffey.

As far as these pompous assholes who vote who goes in. To me, they mostly suck ass. Arrogant bastards for the the most part. Maybe even racist, who truly knows.

But I like you, Brian. You are a straight up dude. You showed up for the gatherings. Respected you for that! Now that I’m a poster. You won’t be sitting there alone next time. We can argue about Griffey, Rodriguez, Or whatever. All the friggin’ do dah day, my man!

Brianl
    Participant

Griffey is one of the best players in history. I don’t doubt for a second that he played the game the right way, and clean, in an era where you have questions about almost everyone on whether they did PEDs or not. He was fun to watch, and exciting. I went to 20-25 games a year when I lived in Seattle.

To me, sadly, his big smile and hat on backwards, “kid” persona was ruined, forever, when he demanded a trade (which, as a 10-and-5 guy at the time, he had every right to) … Not because he demanded a trade, but how he went about it, doing everything in his power to fuck the Mariners organization, the Mariners fan base and the city of Seattle. And after several years in Cincinnati and a cup of coffee in Chicago, he came back for a glorious reunion, a shell of his former self. The first year, he said and did the right things, but the fangs came out in year two, getting manager Don Wakamatsu eventually fired midseason after he was questioned about his desire after falling asleep in the clubhouse mid game and refusing to pinch hit when called on … Which caused him to pack up, quit, move back to Florida and tell the team after he hit the road.

He quit on us. Twice. And THAT is what I cannot get past.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.