The impeachment of Donald J. Trump starts today

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things The impeachment of Donald J. Trump starts today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

I’m looking forward to additional bombshells to come to light.

Given what we have read through depositions it’s clear Trump will be impeached for a minimum of 3 issues. Obstruction of justice, bribery, abuse of power.

Once all the evidence is put forth, it will be painfully obvious that Trump is guilty as charged to the general public but not to the partisan assholes in the Senate.

And I look forward to seeing all spineless GOP Senators who will now have to make the vote of their lives.

I’m actually torn on what I want as the outcome. More than anything I want Trump removed and minimized. But it may be better for the Dems to have him survive impeachment with 4 broken legs. It could affect the outcome in Senate elections.

Andrew
    Participant

Yeah, I’m with you on being torn. I do look forward to putting all Senators on the record on his crimes. Let’s hope that leads to a landslide for Democrats next fall. But I’m not counting on that either…

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

I never thought I would live to see 3 Presidential Impeachment hearings.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Can’t wait to see what Gordon Sondland has to say tomorrow. If he shows up. And if he tells the truth.

I have to say these hearings and depositions are devastating to Trump and those that support him. There’s really no question what happened is an impeachable offense.

I can’t wait to see the GOP senators have to make a vote on this. They face a lose-lose proposition.

semoochie
    Participant

I thought I’d never live to see a US President say, “I AM a crook! What are you going to do about it?”!

Vitalogy
    Participant

Boy oh boy, did Sondland deliver the goods.

Looks like he took the advice of his lawyer and spilled his guts to save his own ass.

This seals the deal for impeachment.

What will happen in the Senate is to be determined. I would not want to be a GOP senator right now.

Andy Brown
    Participant
    lastday
    Participant

I think NK got confused and mixed up Joe Biden and Jim Jordan when they referred to Biden as a rabid dog needing to be hit with a stick.

Vitalogy
    Participant

The especially rich part of the whole thing is that Trump committed these offenses because of debunked conspiracy theories.

lastday
    Participant

The impeachment isn’t going anywhere. Trump will probably be re-elected.

Maybe they could get bipartisan support for a simple resolution declaring “Trump is a piece of shit and everyone knows it including his supporters.”

paulwalker
    Participant

lastday, I have been saying the same thing for awhile now. I agree impeachment is going nowhere, and much to my chagrin, we will likely get four more years of Mr. Orange. Dems have a weak stable of candidates, though someone hopefully will break through. We are officially less than 11 months from the 2020 election.

Biden lost his cool today…you can’t really do this…but watch the video till the end…Biden had the final blow!

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/05/joe-biden-calls-man-damn-liar-076438

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by paulwalker.
    Andrew
    Participant

Impeachment is not “going nowhere.” It’s pretty much guaranteed to happen now. Trump will become the third president impeached in US history.

No, he will almost surely not be convicted in the Senate. I’m not sure anyone thought there was a chance of that all along. That isn’t what impeachment is about in this case. It’s about the Democrats doing what is right, giving voters a choice between a party that does the right thing and one that plays pure politics Put those Republican Senators on the record as supporting the guy who tried to get a foreign country to intervene – again – in a US election.

The Democrats had no choice but to impeach Trump over this. Not to have done so would have been much worse – it would have shown Democrats to be spineless and afraid to stand up to Trump. Why would their base want to support them if they ignored Trump’s flagrant abuse of power over Ukraine? Sure, Democrats probably would have been better off had they not had to do this – but that wasn’t a choice after the whistleblower’s complaint was revealed.

I’ve been saying for a while too that I don’t know if Trump will be re-elected or not. No one does. Predicting he will be is a no-risk prediction, because if you are right, you can boast on November 4, “See? TOLD YA SO!” and if you are wrong, you can say, “Gee, GLAD I WAS WRONG!” It’s the safe pessimist’s prediction.

paulwalker
    Participant

Yes, Andrew, you have lectured me about this before. But my motivation is not to come out as looking “good” either way. My fear is indeed he will be re-elected. It is more of a warning siren than anything else.

As for impeachment, of course you are correct. He will be impeached, but my obvious point is it will not remove him from office. That is what I mean by “going nowhere”.

Andy Brown
    Participant

What is important about the impeachment is the process. No matter how badly the Group Of Pussies fuck up the Senate trial, there will be no way to transform the entire proceeding into an election aid for drumpf. It will hurt him, and one need not be going out on a limb to agree with that.

What that means is that drumpf would have to carry Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina or Arizona AND Florida to win. I’m happy to say that the odds of that happening this time around are very small.

Currently, Biden leads drumpf in General Election polling in Pa.:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/Pennsylvania.html
    N. Carolina:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/NorthCarolina.html
    Florida:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/Florida.html
    Wisconsin:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/Wisconsin.html
    and Arizona:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/Arizona.html

It’s near impossible to fathom that the impeachment and Senate circus is going to help drumpf beyond his reaffirming his core of support from the malfeasant Republicans and the dumbfuck south. Biden is 10 points ahead right now (even Faux has Biden up by 12 points). Sure, things can change. Who knows what disruptive forces from Putin’s gang has got going, but in the end all this fear about the Democrats not having a strong candidate is bullshit. The Democrats are just in the early stages of choosing a candidate, and some of you are just knee jerk reacting to the media reports about every zit on their faces being exposed in the light. You need to man up. drumpf may be an incumbent, but he will soon be an impeached incumbent on trial in the Senate. Even more people are going to be finding out about the crap he’s been getting away with. Again, this isn’t going to drive his numbers up. Not to mention what fuck ups he hasn’t yet done to himself. I remain confident that Biden will be nominated and will beat drumpf. drumpf’s immigration policies will cost him Florida. drumpf’s trade policies will cost him Pennsylvania. I highly doubt he can win in N. Carolina. Wisconsin and Arizona remain questionable.

I suggest the doubters do some research instead of just reading headlines. Andrew is right, there is no risk in saying drumpf will win re-election in spite of one not wanting that.

Getting rid of drumpf is only part of the solution. Getting rid of McConnell is just as critical, but there is good news down in Kentucky: They are sick of him.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/kentuckians-have-finally-had-about-enough-of-mitch-mcconnell

lastday
    Participant

By “isn’t going anywhere” I of course meant he will not be convicted. This will be a footnote in the history books. Or I guess today that would be Wikipedia.

Paul, I had you in mind when I posted. You and I seem to see this essentially the same.

I really wanted someone, either testifying or speechifying, to just say out loud “Yes, he’s a piece of shit and everyone in this room knows it. We can at least agree on that.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.