The Cubanadian Goes A Bit Nuts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    duxrule
    Participant

Ted Cruz really and truly said this today:

Ted Cruz believes JFK ‘would be a Republican today’

“…“I would point out that in the 1960s, one of the most powerful, eloquent defenders of tax cuts was John F. Kennedy. As JFK said, ‘Some men see things as they are and ask why; I see things that never were and ask
    why not.’
    “JFK would be a Republican today. There is no room for John F. Kennedy in the modern Democratic Party.”

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/ted-cruz-believes-jfk-would-be-republican-today?cid=sm_fb_maddow

edselehr
    Participant

Kennedy proposed that the top marginal rate be lowered…to

70%.

If the Republicans want to adopt Kennedy based on his tax policies, then they have to adopt his policies as well.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Is it possible to “go nuts” when you’re already nuts?

paulwalker
    Participant

I don’t care for Ted Cruz. As I have mentioned before, he comes across as a televangelist in my mind. Not only for his rhetoric, but for his style.

As for Kennedy being a republican today, well that is a bit of a stretch, however, 55 years ago the parties were both more moderate than today. Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon were all moderate within their parties. Goldwater lost in ’64 to Johnson because he was considered too extreme. The democrats that have won ever since have some moderate views.

duxrule
    Participant

(ahem) Nixon? Faux Pas beside, you’re absolutely right.

paulwalker
    Participant

Yeah, I corrected that! 🙂

NoParty
    Participant

Canadian Cruz is bat shit nuts! If America votes this assjack into the WH we’re really fucked!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.