The Crappening

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

Yeah, plus those damn Democrats will let those migrant kids out of their cages! That would be terrible. And my brother will be able to keep his health care if Biden keeps Obamacare. That would suck.

missing_kskd
    Participant
    missing_kskd
    Participant

Well several members of my family will remain priced out, because of Obamacare.

Yeah, it does suck.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Missing, If you don’t think a Biden presidency would be better than a Trump presidency, then there’s just no reasoning with you.

What I said was just a bit more complex than that.

So, let’s review:

First, I do not believe there will be a Biden presidency. Either he will be replaced, or managed into office, then replaced. I like to know who I am voting for. That is difficult with Biden, who would make a terrible nominee.

Second, for me personally, Biden has some marginal benefit over Trump.

More importantly, Biden does not offer a benefit to enough people to win. Where that may be inaccurate, he and the DNC pissed off enough to seal that fate.

I would love to get rid of Trump. Biden is a terrible candidate, high risk, low reward proposition.

We can do better.

None of that includes Bernie, BTW.

Now my vote is on principle. You clowns thought you could fear, blame and shame me. Lol, no. No harm, no foul. I was doing the same thing not too long ago. I know better now, and will take this moment to apologize to others for having done it. Unwise.

The party conspired to beat Bernie. That is a priority above beating Trump.

**Full stop.

Frankly, all those of us voting for Joe, despite very considerable risks own that shit.

None of it is my mess to clean up. So I won’t.

Biden advocates know better, but somehow are above doing GOTV WORK, running on fear, blame and shame, because Trump?

Please proceed. Go right ahead and show me how wrong I am.

I will wait.

Clear now? Hope so.

missing_kskd
    Participant

**I won’t be a member of a party more committed to work against my own interests than they are the guy they say must be defeated no matter what.

Like I said. Full stop.

I won’t get in the way, thought about it, but am happy to watch the carnage.

Not my mess to clean up.

To the party: Want my help?

Get behind a major policy plank, and it is game on.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Spare us your bullshit. We’ve read the same crap over and over again for years.

You are working to get Trump 4 more years. That’s your end game and it won’t work this time around.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Why continue to actively trash Biden with the intent to harm his campaign?

Oh, I think I finally understand.

You actually think our little guilty pleasure is relevant?

Dude, friend, it is not.

I speak completely freely here among people I know and love because we can do that with pretty much zero overall impact.

Now, if you are worried about your own Biden vote, well? Can’t help with that Obviously, other than to say I quit judging people for their votes years ago. Around Obama’s second term.

I have a lot going on online. Trust me, this is the very last place I would invest anti Biden efforts into with any expectation of a return.

This is my place to discuss realities as I see them.

Actually doing activism, campaign work, etc. is an entirely different thing.

I have and will do none of that for Biden without a tangible policy commit of some kind.

At present, I am not doing any work against Biden.

There are quite a large number of Bernie campaign people, none of whom were ever approached by the Biden team, same as the Clinton team, who are making the push to get Bernie enough delegates to make the convention fun.

My intent here is simple:

The party is a long way from where it needs to be to both win elections and make progress.

That should be cause for alarm.

Interestingly, it appears to be cause for denigration.

Like I said, it is not my mess to clean up.

Who would after this kind of treatment? You claim to know what is better for me, because Trump. Ok fine. Please proceed.

Think about that and the suckers who actually did sign up to try and do Biden GOTV. (There are not many, and that has down ballot implications few of us like.)

Oh, and on this thread?

Got what you either asked for or insisted on blaming me for. I hate good credit gone to waste. Happy to deliver!

Had that been done, we would be having a media chat, farts, how things have become so different, etc… The fart was hilarious! Best part was that other guy. He is there, and out of nowhere, there it is! He did pretty well.

I would have been inclined to post that from anyone.

Imagine if it were Trump, Bernie, Amy?

Seriously.

Hope this helps.

missing_kskd
    Participant

@Deane

Yeah. Clusterfuck, 2.0

The options are:

Vote Major
    Vote other
    No vote

Because we do not mandate votes, those are all votes.

In places where they do mandate votes, they tend to spoil ballots or write names in to no confidence vote, which is what voting “no” for POTUS basically is.

Last POTUS election in the US, 46 percent no voted.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Blah blah blah. Read it 25 times before.

My counselor wife would label you as a candidate for counseling.

Andrew
    Participant

Missing: “Well several members of my family will remain priced out, because of Obamacare.”

So you prefer the old system where they could be denied insurance for a pre-existing condition? Or just dropped if they got sick?

Anyone who has been following the issue all along knows that the ACA had some issues and needed/needs to be fixed. So did Social Security and Medicare – not perfect by a long shot when first passed. Congress needed to tweak both laws numerous times to get them right. But the only reason this has not happened with Obamacare is that Republicans have been preventing any changes to the law since 2011.

Yet you support another four years of Trump, who is trying to repeal Obamacare outright, which would throw millions of people off of their insurance, including many lower income people on Medicaid. And bring back pre-existing conditions, etc.

This is why so many Sanders supporters realize how imperative it is to elect Joe Biden in November. Too bad you and your fellow Trumpers don’t get it.

Andy Brown
    Participant

missing doesn’t understand the issue based on his never ending posts decrying ACA failure . . . Well what does one expect when the GOP took over the Senate?

“My intent here is simple: The party is a long way from where it needs to be to both win elections and make progress.”

missing also doesn’t understand where the party is, either. All those victories since drumpf took office are going to pale in comparison to the 2020 results we’re going to see. missing says no, but can’t point to any evidence that his dissatisfaction amounts to nothing more than a hill of beans.

I mean really, he doesn’t!!

edselehr
    Participant

People like missing want a strongly progressive president or nothing, but what America is looking for is some degree or normalcy. Uncle Joe is safe and sane, while Trump is dangerous and unhinged.

We’ve seen this before: after the Harding scandals (Teapot Dome, etc) America went with safe and sane Silent Cal. Once Trump is out of office (and if Kentucky does it’s job of booting Mitch) and America can have a chance to recover (from COVID and the Trump era), then we can look to 2024 for the big policy initiatives the Bernie Bots and others seek.

missing_kskd
    Participant

The GOP… Trump…

So, you are saying the party is incompetent, ineffective?

yeah, agreed

😀

More seriously, it’s not my responsibility to carry water for Biden.

If he’s really got the mojo, this will all be fine, right?

If not, there is plenty of help available. It comes with terms.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Do notice I have delivered near zero personal judgements and attacks.

I won’t post the lists. Guys, they are LONG.

When do you realize shame and blame are not answers here?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.