The coming inferno – plus 100 degree weather

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things The coming inferno – plus 100 degree weather

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

I live between Seaside and Astoria and it hit 106 out here. It was 101 in Astoria. At 1 AM, still 80. Unbelievable heat for us. The 101 tied the record. Plus few people have A/C out here other than in cars. Not a fun night to sleep.

DanOregon
    Participant

It’s so hot, people have stopped protesting.

It’s so hot, Antifa and the Proud Boys rescheduled a planned clash.

It’s so hot, the hipsters have shaved their beards. The men too.

semoochie
    Participant

Saturday night, I “dragged” my 81 year-old sister from her house and made her stay with us for a few days.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I think that the hot weather brought sudden death to my car battery. Watching me attempting to start the car late Sunday night would have made for good entertainment.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Yesterday, shortly before noon, I was driving by Grant Park on NE 33rd Ave. in Portland, and I saw a game of soccer starting in that relentless heat! How is that for crazy?

semoochie
    Participant

We are talking about some serious weather here. I show 103 degrees now, compared to 80 something this time yesterday!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

103 is what my car said when I was driving (late) to work today. I required a jump start this morning, and my first stop was a battery shop. I will install the new battery myself to save $25.

lastday
    Participant

lastday
    Participant

Right now NOAA says it’s 82 in Eugene. Definitely much cooler than Sunday. But they say it’s 99 in Salem and 115 in Portland! Crazy.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

116 at work. I just got home after being out in it for about four hours.

Nosignal- I assume you are perhaps in your 20s? Since PDX has the 3rd lowest AC market penetration of all major metros, the concern isn’t about guys like you, but rather your parents and especially grandparents. They lack yo

Late 30s (shit, I’m slowly pushing 40, which I guess is the new 20).

FYI, mother has a semi-new air conditioner (a Fedders) in her house. I installed it last year. Grandmother’s air conditioner was recharged last month. Last I was there it worked. The rest of her split-level house is a kiln but the front room and kitchen (ground level; where she lives 99% of the time since she can’t get up or down the stairs) is nice and cold. They’re from Arizona anyways.

You don’t need to worry about me and what’s left of my family. We’re from the Vancouver metro. We’re used to the hot summers that happen here most years. Concern yourself more with people like mwdxer1 who legit live in regions where even 90-degree days are rare.

I assume somebody on here will have a typically snarky-ass comeback for my having stated my contrary-of-the-herd opinions and facts. You people usually do.

Okay, burrito time. After I go take a dump.

mwdxer1
    Participant

We made it to 106 out in rural Clatsop County. 101 in Astoria. Not a fun night, as it stayed hot for hours long after the sun went down. Today, in the 60s & 70s. Much nicer.

lastday
    Participant

It’s back baby! Maybe not another heat dome but still bad. 🙁

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Welcome to summer! Ideal beach weather.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

My band has an outdoor wedding gig this evening. Was moved due to covid restrictions from indoor to outdoor. This should be a fun experience. Add some smoke infused haze and the AQI in the moderate range, a little side of asthma, so singing should be an interesting challenge.

Summer life in P-Town 2021. Party on.

Steve Naganuma
    Participant

This article came out mid July, but it is still interesting reading.

“This Is the Hottest Place in Portland”
    https://www.wweek.com/news/city/2021/07/14/this-is-the-hottest-place-in-portland/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.