The Broadcasters Broadcaster….Good Day!

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio The Broadcasters Broadcaster….Good Day!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Borderblaster 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tombrooks
    Participant

If you are under 40 you may not know Paul Harvey… He was a long, long time Broadcaster and worked I believe into his 90’s..

This 17 Minute Award is the last time he publically made an appearance… https://youtu.be/jRB1CWgMFU4

MarkAndrews
    Participant

What. A. Treasure. those principles STILL apply today…

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I feel old because I am 45, and I remember having listened to Paul Harvey’s commentaries for many, many years (since I was about 12 or 13). It seems like a generational culture shock that Millennials would have never heard his voice (yet I can easily imagine how they wouldn’t). Depending on one’s perspective, the stories that he presented on the air could have been seen as inspiring, amazing, overly optimistic, or corny. Yet, I think that what is undeniable is that one really has to love one’s work–dare I say, see it as a mission rather than as mere work–to do what Paul Harvey did for so many years.

Borderblaster
    Participant

paul larvae news and comment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.