The brew-overly compressed songs

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio The brew-overly compressed songs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    radiodork
    Spectator

Not sure why the brew is having such a difficult time with the music, that or they simply don’t care about the product they are putting over the air. The song civil war by Guns n roses sounds so overly compressed it is unlistenable. I have heard the song on syndicated programming and on kufo back in the day and it sounds great but the version 1059 the brew plays is horrible. So overly compressed, not to mention the song was played at a faster speed. what is the issue with that station?? The song sounds like it was downloaded off napster. Very poor quality. Not trying to hate on the station just pointing it out. If that was my station I would not let those low quality audio files over the air because it totally degrades the product.

lastday
    Participant

There’s a wide variation in audio quality on KRVM. All their AAA stuff M-F 8AM to 5PM comes off a server and is generally pretty good. At other hours the volunteer hosts seem to be allowed to bring in, say, their personal laptop and play MP3s or what have you of obvious dubious audio quality. Some of it’s acceptable, but some is pretty poor. Like 128kbps MP3 or worse. I understand they can’t police every track on every show but damn, sometimes it’s not good.

No offense to the hosts or the station. Maybe freedom to play what they want trumps audio quality sometimes. Maybe I’m the only listener who notices.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.