The Biz. My Hobby!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dxer1969
    Participant

How I really got started. High school field trip. Been interested since 1969. But no matter. Was 1976. Mrs. Dupree from Oregon City High School set it all up! Got to tour KYXI/KGON first.Think Mark Andrews was there. Big ass studio KYXI had! Mark was a cool and gracious host to us kids! KGON was facing the road. A much smaller studio. Tons of records on the west wall. Had a color code system. Yellow was a hit. Most music in yellow was on cart. Red? Power song! Power album cut. Nighttime shit, mostly. Green? A potential hit. Or not so dynamic or ballad. Good system! Always remember that. Remember Iris Harrison in 1977! Sat in with her too. She was the best. Overall, she was the coolest and most understanding person in the biz that I have ever had the pleasure of sitting in with. @ Iris. Dorky kid with the security guard uniform on.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Mrs. Dupree! A fine multi/media/English teacher!! She set up another tour for us kids. KATU television and top of the Wells Fargo Tower, before offices where installed there. What an awesome teacher she was!! Missing. You had an awesome teacher too. And so did I. Me. I was the oldest kid in her class. She drove us kids. I sat in the passenger seat. The KATU tour was so damn! How shall I put it. Informative. Educational! WOW! So awesome. Middays it was. No news at noon then. Empty studio,actually. But we got to see the guts of a TV station! And later, be on the 38th floor the the Wells Fargo Tower! If I could, I’d get omy knees and thank Mrs Dupree! But she would say to me,No, John! It was my honor to teach you! And to help you along! And that is what she did! An awesome teacher and human being! Like I posted earlier, Who knows where id be at this point. Compassionate people have helped me out. And count Mrs Dupree as one of those! If you are here Mrs. Dupree. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.