The Big Winner on 11/8?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Other than Hillary, the other big winner on election day is WEED.

California is a guaranteed to legalize, and as a result, the world’s 6th largest economy will change the game.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Very likely, and long overdue.

And should the unlikely end up occurring I’ve decided to start a petition to reenter the Commonwealth as our inability to self-govern will have been decisively proven. King George III would have been delighted.

edselehr
    Participant

Agreed. Let’s legalize it…and then regulate the shit out of it.

paulwalker
    Participant

I trace the legalization of weed back to the 1970s however some could offer even an earlier beginning. I think Alaska was the first state to tinker with this but without result. But if California goes for it it definitely will become mainstream perhaps not in all states but in most and Washington and Colorado will be the trend setters in this no doubt. Interesting times.

Broadway
    Participant

Had a Cop the other day say the black market on weed is alive as ever!

edselehr
    Participant

Old habits die hard, Broadway. But as the pot market recalibrates itself in the new legalized pot reality, the black market will diminish.

Vitalogy
    Participant

To correct my post, the biggest loser (other than normal Americans) is the MJ industry. A Trump administration will shut down all legal markets nationwide. Anyone invested in the MJ market should be shitting their pants right now.

paulwalker
    Participant

Not sure about that. Number one he has bigger fish to fry. Number two he is a very moderate republican at the end of the day. Number three he probably is a one term, if that, President and he knows it.

skeptical
    Participant

Me thinks our new president is gonna need an industrial fryer.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Like I said, the legal MJ market should be shitting their pants right about now. Is Sessions gets to be AG, it’s over for the entire legal market and we go back to the dated policies of the “just say no” era.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump%e2%80%99s-pick-for-attorney-general-%e2%80%98good-people-don%e2%80%99t-smoke-marijuana%e2%80%99/ar-AAktrCb?li=BBnb7Kz

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

To Vit’s point, Jeff Sessions is a (lunatic sounding) anti-mariijuana crusader.

Look it up. He, literally, sounds unhinged when speaking about it.

I’m not kidding. It’s real, 1950’s, sounding stuff.

Fine and dandy, if without any scientific basis at all, for Alabama. Now this guy is going to be running the Justice Department.

Andy Brown
    Participant

I’m thinking it would cost too much because medical m is now in more than half of the states. The ATF just doesn’t have the budget to start descending on every licensed dispensary in 28 states. Also, there isn’t enough manpower nor budget in the federal prosecutors ranks to do the litigation.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/fact-sheet/fact-sheet-atf-staffing-and-budget

I’m thinking that even drumpf is pragmatic enough not to go down this alley because any move in the old direction will only make securing the borders that much more difficult and expensive.

You know money and you know how cheap the GOP wants to be about anything except tax breaks for themselves.
    There are just too many bigger fish to fry, so to speak.

Vitalogy
    Participant

All bets are off if Sessions becomes AG.

And I feel sorry for all the people who have invested money, time, etc, and now face this kind of uncertainty.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Sessions: “Good people don’t smoke marijuana”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/11/18/trumps-pick-for-attorney-general-good-people-dont-smoke-marijuana/

Hmm. I guess Sen. Doofus of Alabama has forgotten about George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, Zachary Taylor, Franklin Pierce, JFK, Clinton, Dubya and Obama.

11 US Presidents Who Smoked Marijuana

I guess he also forgot about Ben Franklin and a whole host of politicians on both sides:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_politicians_who_have_acknowledged_cannabis_use#Use_by_politicians_during_prohibition

Oh, and then there’s William Shakespeare, Queen Victoria, Joan Of Arc, The Pharaohs of Egypt, Elizabeth I, Christopher Columbus, Hua Tuo, The Scythians, Emperor Shennong, The Ancient Grecians, William Brooke O’Shaughnessy and Sultan Of Turkey.

http://www.ranker.com/list/13-ways-important-historical-figures-used-marijuana/sarakate

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Jeff Sessions must have been listening to Merle Haggard:

We don’t smoke marijuana in Muskogee;
    We don’t take no trips on LSD
    We don’t burn no draft cards down on Main Street;
    We like livin’ right, and bein’ free.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.