The Biden moment is approaching

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

After weeks of speculation, many in the media now say a Biden announcement is likely either tomorrow or Wednesday.

What do you think? Is he in or out?

And, part 2, would his entrance create a divide among him and Hillary, thus hurting the Dems chances? Or could the reverse be true, his entrance might help in the longterm as creating more attention, and possibly a Biden/Clinton ticket? Or even less likely, but apparently constitutionally legal, a Clinton/Biden ticket.

Vitalogy
    Participant

I really like Biden. Bottom line I will vote for him or Hillary in the General. And yes, I now believe Sanders will not be a factor on the Dem side other than swinging everyone to the left a little bit. Which is a good thing. But, I want a strong Dem candidate in 2016. Both Hillary and Biden are strong and it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Competition is not a bad thing but I’m ready to support either one of them in a General. We’ll see how it plays out, but if I had to bet money now, Biden won’t win even with all his benefits.

paulwalker
    Participant

All media trends show him jumping in. We shall see how it plays out, but I predict Biden is IN.

Vitalogy
    Participant

I’m happy either way with Biden or Hillary.

As an armchair QB, I’d tell Biden that after Hillary’s perfomance at the debate that it may be an uphill climb.

But, Biden has the benefit of the Obama economy and if he moves forward, he’ll be able to take credit for all the gains we’ve seen since the Bush meltdown.

Another concern I have is his age and whether he’s in it for the next 8 years. I know Hillary is, not sure if Biden is.

paulwalker
    Participant

Three sources now say he is “in”, and will announce Saturday in Iowa. Biden is 72, Hillary is 67. Is that really much different? Reagan was 70 when he took office and obviously 78+ when he left.

This Presidential race is suddenly going to get more interesting. Waiting for Trump to diss the VP. How will that go over?

Vitalogy
    Participant

Biden is male and would be 80 at the end of his term. Age is a valid concern with Biden. I have no concerns of age with Hillary as a female being 75 at the end of her term.

duxrule
    Participant

Not only age, but he has some pretty serious brain issues, due to disease. I like Biden, but there are significant red flags.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

Biden will not enter the race in my opinion. Had Hillary not done such a great job in her debate he might have jumped into the race.

paulwalker
    Participant

I think this is an important story as it could be a big decider in the 2016 campaign.

If Biden was not going to run, why would he keep leading us on? There is no reason to do so if he wasn’t running.

On the other hand, perhaps he is trying to divert attention away from Trump. Who knows? Or possibly he is actually conflicted as to whether he should run. Dramatic political stuff here just a year away from the election.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I don’t think Biden is leading on as much as running is a matter of genuine ambiguity for him and people want him to run.

He would not run without that constant nudge.

That is a red flag for me personally.

I am a big Biden fan otherwise. His debate skills are top notch. Nice plus.

radiodork
    Spectator

Does it really matter if he enters or not? He’s not going to win so why does it matter? I think its CLEARLY obvious that Donald Trump is going to be our next president, like it or not.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Trump can’t win enough EV to be President. Simple math shows this. This is why I support his candicacy, whether it be as a GOP or an INDY.

As for Biden, I hope he doesn’t run as I think he would ultimately lose to Hillary and by running he’d taint his legacy a tad.

Listener_Pete
    Participant
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Good call, Joe.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yep. Biden has a good legacy, is well liked, and just didn’t need this. Down deep, I’m sure he didn’t want it either.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.