The All-New PDX Radio Corporate Deathwatch

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things The All-New PDX Radio Corporate Deathwatch

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    radiodork
    Spectator

I’m surprised these big malls like Washington Square,lLoyd center are even still in business. I mean seriously,who the heck makes a trip out to Washington Square when you can buy everything online, especially with Amazon.com. Last Christmas I did 100% of my shopping online, and I know I’m not the only one. Do people even still go to malls? They seem like such a dated concept that no longer makes any sense when you can get better deals online.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

As far as I know, it’s not yet possible to go ice skating on the Internet. 🙂

edselehr
    Participant

Those of us with social skills still like going to public places and interacting with other humans. And I have yet to find a website that smells like Joe Brown’s Carmel Corn.

radiodork
    Spectator

Sorry Ed but if you’re idea of “socializing”is going to a mall and talking to the 16 year old girl behind the counter at Hot dog on a stick……well…more power to you, although it is a bit creepy Ed.😜 I prefer to meet women at a bar who I know are at least 21.

edselehr
    Participant

“…who I know are at least 21.”

I’m sure that’s what they tell you. Check ID dork, or you’ll end up quickly in Roy Moore territory.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

As far as I know, it’s not yet possible to go ice skating on the Internet.

Can’t get glasses made in “about an hour” on the Internet either. Though I bought a bitchin’ pair of Oakley shades off Amazon (for the frames) that I took to the mall last week to have a prescription clear lens unit made, the idea being they’d be my bike/work glasses, and they’re my new everyday glasses now. Okay, so I cheated a little. Sue me.

dork & Ed, I met my now ex-GF (I was 24, she was 18) from chatting her up at Vancouver Mall when she was a cashier. Sometimes that’s how you make connections, Casanova. It can be very effective.

semoochie
    Participant

So, here’s the scenario” You walk into McDonalds and say, “Pardon me but I need to see your ID before I’m allowed to talk to you.” Well, it’s a good way to lose weight! 🙂

radiodork
    Spectator

Ahh smooch, you had me at hello… I mean Cinnabon.

And nosig- by any chance was it hot dog on a stick where you met your life partner? I mean x partner.

radiodork
    Spectator

Well…….I’ll be damned. Look what I just found on accident. (sigh) A very sad day for people in the weiner world.
    http://smdp.com/hot-dog-on-a-stick-owner-files-chapter-11/131827

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

by any chance was it hot dog on a stick where you met your life partner?

Nah, I met him in the Wal-Mart parking lot through his Craigslist ad. Or maybe it was through the CB radio? Where the fuck was I and what the fuck was I smoking that night? :Þ

HDOS was long gone from Vancouver Mall by the mid 90s – – bad location in the food court and too much competition from the better-established Orange Julius two spaces away. Though the girls WERE fuckin’ hot.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I wish the best for Hot Dog On A Stick. I probably won’t be giving them any assistance in getting out of debt, though, because their product does not look like something that my cardiovascular system would appreciate.

radiodork
    Spectator

Forget about your cardiovascular system Alfredo, id worry more about your digestive system. Can you imagine the amount of toilet 🚽 time you will need to spend after eating one of those deep fried lard pellets?

semoochie
    Participant

In case anyone is confused, I meant to put a colon after “scenario”.

Brianl
    Participant

Ah, Hot Dog on a Stick. Any place that forces their employees to wear uniforms that God-awful deserves to go out of business.

radiodork
    Spectator

I agree Brian, those uniforms are hideous. Those poor tortured women who work at Hot dog on a stick must be in uniform hell. I hope Pizza Schmizza doesn’t start making their employees wear those uniforms, they won’t will they Brian?(jk)

On a serious note Brian, do you still work at pizza schmizza at the airport? I have a 2pm flight next Friday May 11th on Delta. I was gonna stop on by and say hi.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 159 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.