Thank you GOP for the mandate

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Last fall when Republican’s took control of the House and Senate, I heard and read many conservative pundits, friends and bloggers use the word “Mandate” following the victory.

This past week, that mandate came to fruition. Same-sex marriage in all 50 states, and the ACA stays fully funded via a Supreme Court decision.

And a special thanks to the conservatives who voted in favor to make those changes happen.

So proud of the GOP for standing by their convictions and mandating change for America. I’m honored to be an American.

stevethedj
    Participant

Has anyone noticed it was a women, black GOP govener who pushed for the confederate flag to come down. Not a dixiecrate. Times are a changing.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Nikki Haley was born in South Carolina. Her parents are Indian.

The so called Dixie Crats were a short lived off shoot of the States Rights Democratic Party; which was a secessionist organization from the late 1940’s. Pre the civil rights era the two modern political parties were more or less ideologically inverted from the way they are today.

What exactly any of that has to do with Nikki Haley’s political calculation is unclear. Or am I missing something?

Amus
    Participant

And you statement;

“…who pushed for the confederate flag to come down”

could be more correctly stated as;

“…who was pushed to advocate for the confederate flag to come down”.

But I’ll still give her credit for it even if she was shamed into it.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Remember when the GOP said “Give us control of Congress and we’ll make jobs our first priority”? . . .

0: GOP jobs bills passed in the 114th Congress.

5: Additional times the House GOP has voted in the past 135 days to repeal or undermine the Affordable Care Act (2015 Vote #14, 2015 Vote #45, 2015 Vote #58, 2015 Vote #142, 2015 Vote #183).

58: Times so far House Republicans have voted to repeal or undermine the ACA since 2011.

100: Percent of House Republicans who voted against bringing up the student loan refinancing bill.

2.9 million: Number of jobs that would be destroyed under the House GOP FY 2016 Budget.

$2,000: More in taxes for middle-class American families with children greenlighted by the final FY 2016 Republican Budget.

$200,000: Average tax break for the wealthiest Americans making $1,000,000 or more greenlighted by the final FY 2016 Republican Budget.

99: Percent of House Republicans who voted against allowing a vote on the Paycheck Fairness Act – a bill to ensure equal pay for equal work.

RobP
    Participant

not to worry, liberal loons. you’ll get Obama 2.0 at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue soon and she’ll fix everything.

edselehr
    Participant

RobP, describe both a “liberal loon” and a “conservative loon” so I can tell them apart. And, tell me which end of the spectrum is doing more damage to America.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Seconded. Reading with great interest!

Andy Brown
    Participant

Poor Rob. A lone con loon who’s out of tune on this full moon.

skeptical
    Participant

Rob, let me start your essay with some helpful pictures:

Liberal Loon:

Conservative Loon:

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Well, this thread took a turn I wasn’t expecting.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.