Texas church massacre

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

So far there’s 26 confirmed dead thanks to a 26 year old white male armed with an assault rifle and dressed in black and with tactical gear.

At what point do we as a society figure out the fact that we are simply not capable of handling firepower of this magnitude?

Two things:

Mass shootings are courtesy of Republicans and conservatives who not only allow but endorse the ownership of such weaponry.

Second, any surviving members of this church need to re-evaluate their religion.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

The reality is, we are living in the most violent time in recorded history. We’ve created this problem and we need to solve it, soon.

Brianl
    Participant

What happened is senseless, and as Chris said, this crap has become all-too-common.

That said, I don’t think this should be a call to action for the survivors, the completely innocent, should need to re-evaluate their religion. I would guess that, on the contrary, many will turn more towards their faith in this time of tragedy for their loved ones.

skeptical
    Participant

Praying for the victims who were in church praying pretty much ensures there will be another blood bath in the days ahead.

If there is a God, I’m pretty sure he wants us doing something more productive than praying our ills away. Its almost become a copout.

Let me wipe my eyes here, the Jet-A fumes from Creflo Dollar’s jet can irritate them sometimes.

skeptical
    Participant

Praying for the victims who were in church praying pretty much ensures there will be another blood bath in the days ahead.

If there is a God, I’m pretty sure he wants us doing something more productive than praying our ills away. Its almost become a copout.

Let me wipe my eyes here, the Jet-A fumes from Creflo Dollar’s jet can irritate them sometimes.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

There is the U.S. Constitution. I know primary schools don’t teach civics anymore.
    There is evil in this world. Some arse could do enormous death and damage with something as simple as, oh, I don’t know… maybe something as simple as a Home Depot delivery truck.
    Shooter was stopped by another shooter:
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/texas-church-shooting-resident-action/
    God Bless Texas Possees! [mike drop]

Andy Brown
    Participant

Texas ranks dead last (worst) in:
    Residents over age 25 without a high school diploma
    Average credit score
    Voter participation
    Uninsured residents
    Cancer-causing compounds released into the air
    Toxic chemicals released into the water
    Toxic chemicals released underground

http://www.city-data.com/forum/texas/591865-were-no-50-where-texas-ranks.html#ixzz4xh5MlUUp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.