Ted Cruz has rendered himself absolutely unfit to be running for office.

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Ted Cruz has rendered himself absolutely unfit to be running for office.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

Ted Cruz said on Late Night with Seth Meyers: “I just came back from New Hampshire where there’s snow and ice everywhere. And my view on this is actually simple — debates on this should follow science and should follow data, and many of the alarmists on Global Warming… they got a problem, because the science doesn’t back ‘em up.”

Seriously?

Even though 97% of climate scientists agree Climate Change exists, and it has increased drastically due to human activity.

Three term Gov. of California, Jerry Brown, reacted by saying:

“What [Cruz] said is absolutely false. Over ninety percent of the scientists who deal with climate are absolutely convinced that the human activity, the industrial activity — the generation of CO2, methane, oxides and nitrogen, all the rest of those greenhouse gasses, are building up in the atmosphere. They’re heat-trapping, and they’re causing not just a warm drought in California, but severe storms and cold in the east coast. So it’s climate disruption of many different kinds, and that man betokens such a level on ignorance, and a direct falsification of existing scientific data. It’s shocking, I think that man has rendered himself absolutely unfit to be running for office.“

And whether Cruz believes what he says, or says it just to pander to his wealthy energy-creating donors that contribute most to Climate Change, he is “absolutely unfit” for much of anything.

Another right wing ass clown.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Anyone who disagrees with the radical left wing is unfit to run for office, didn’t you know.

Langston
    Participant

But the Republicans need someone to drive their clown car.

NoParty
    Participant

Anyone who disagrees with the radical extremist right wing is unfit to run for office, didn’t you know.

There it’s fixed

Vitalogy
    Participant

I say GO TED CRUZ.

That last name kind of sounds illegal to me. Anyone else get the same feeling?

And, wasn’t this guy born in Canada?

Between having the last name of Cruz and being born in Canada, he’s not a REAL citizen.

All that aside, I fully encourage his run, and I might even send him some money. You know what happens to the cockroaches when you shine a light on them.

RobP
    Participant

>>Another right wing ass clown.<<

Oh Andy, Andy, Andy. You were doing SO well presenting your case. Until you wrote that. 5 words destroy your entire post.

duxrule
    Participant

“>>Another right wing ass clown.<<

Oh Andy, Andy, Andy. You were doing SO well presenting your case. Until you wrote that. 5 words destroy your entire post.”

The truth is always a valid defense.

duxrule
    Participant

The pundits are already rolling on the floor:

“…Morning Joe host Mika Brzezinski posed the question: “Is he the Herman Cain, the 9-9-9 of this election? Is he the, I don’t know, the Rick Perry?”

Guest Donny Deutsch jumped in immediately with “He’s the Sarah Palin.”

“He’s a sideshow. Listen, he’s unelectable, okay?””
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/morning-joe-guest-unelectable-ted-cruz-is-the-sarah-palin-of-this-election-hes-a-sideshow/

Langston
    Participant

It’s about time we had a Cubanadian as president.

duxrule
    Participant

Good one! 😀

Langston
    Participant

Birthers, they lay low.

duxrule
    Participant

Yeah…All of a sudden, this being born to foreign parents on foreign soil is OK with a lot of people. Weird, huh? 😉

missing_kskd
    Participant

Cruz has nothing on Cain in the entertainment department. Just saying…

As for this: “right wing ass clown”

Used to be that would destroy an argument. Seriously.

Today?

No. The gloves are off, and ridicule is fair game. Newt started this shit, and now that we are here, there are only two choices:

1. Employ good form, formal debate techniques and run at a clear disadvantage

, or

2. Recognize politics is now full on advocacy.

It always has been advocacy, but there used to be some decorum and protocol associated with it for our mutual good. One artifact of that decorum is suppression of bat shit nuts potentials, and if anybody doubts me, just look at the higher number of out right clowns actually in OFFICE!

Since we’ve got one party willing to toss that out, and who has, now we have to deal with the reality. And it is an ugly reality.

So here is how that all works:

Ridicule will be most effective toward those who have the more severe misalignment with the interests of ordinary people, and who have the most personal issues.

When it’s used, people perform a judgement. And that evaluation centers in on their interests and their perception of character quality and consistency.

More of us are sane and reasonable than not.

Game on!

The left has the advantage here. By a clear margin and by simply not going full bat shit. And here’s the kicker! The left has it’s own work to do, but it’s not bat shit. Best game in town, sadly.

Andy is only doing effective advocacy, and unlike the more pure and high brow debate, that does mean speaking to emotion, character as well as the reasoned, more material components of the argument for people and policy.

And it won’t change, until we see Republicans willing to entertain fact based, data driven policy arguments and honor decorum as they once did. And for them to do that, they must clean house and rid themselves of the bat shit nuts people they used to win elections.

Everything costs something. Winning was kind of fun, until those people got some power. Now that they have it, look at all the ugly! Worth it for the GOP? Us? I guess we shall see, won’t we. Tons of money backing those bat shit nuts clowns now. I would normally laugh, but they are serious, and bat shit, and have meaningful power and support.

Nobody likes this state of affairs. (Thanks Newt)

But we also have to live with the product of it, and that means getting after our best interests on all fronts, because we will live with the decisions made by others if we don’t.

Sad, but true.

missing_kskd
    Participant

And consider liars too.

Formal debate isn’t going to work! They are operating on the idea that getting what they want, however they can get it, is perfectly OK.

Which is in line with politics as advocacy, as mentioned above.

Anybody operating with the premise of doing the best thing, or improvement, or better, etc… isn’t operating on the same rule set, which will favor the liar.

A big part of the discussion happens to be just how shitty this is, what the potential outcomes look like and how those will impact people in their lives.

Right now, the Republicans do actually have crazy people, liars, clowns, criminals, and zealots with meaningful power within the party, looking for more.

Step back and look at this with your pre-Newt, pre-Reagan eyes.

What do you see?

A fucking mess, and saying that has got to be fair game, or we validate it, and will have to live with the policy products of it.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Cruz’s advisers probably knew that the only attention this ass clown is going to get is right now because no one with a serious chance of winning the stupid party nomination has formally announced. Have you noticed that almost every single story about Cruz is more about “first to announce” then anything else. That excludes the follow up stories about his clear lack of qualifications and extreme positions making him unelectable nationally.

It won’t take long for Cruz to become an afterthought in the pundit world once a few more months roll by.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.