Ted Cruz Endorses Donald Trump

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

The Supreme Court is enough of a reason to vote for Trump, and Cruz makes that case well, as well as providing five other important policy differences between Trump and Hiliary. Welcome to the basket Senator.

From Ted Cruz’ Facebook Page:

This election is unlike any other in our nation’s history. Like many other voters, I have struggled to determine the right course of action in this general election.

In Cleveland, I urged voters, “please, don’t stay home in November. Stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket whom you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution.”

After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump.

I’ve made this decision for two reasons. First, last year, I promised to support the Republican nominee. And I intend to keep my word.

Second, even though I have had areas of significant disagreement with our nominee, by any measure Hillary Clinton is wholly unacceptable — that’s why I have always been #NeverHillary.

Six key policy differences inform my decision. First, and most important, the Supreme Court. For anyone concerned about the Bill of Rights — free speech, religious liberty, the Second Amendment — the Court hangs in the balance. I have spent my professional career fighting before the Court to defend the Constitution. We are only one justice away from losing our most basic rights, and the next president will appoint as many as four new justices. We know, without a doubt, that every Clinton appointee would be a left-wing ideologue. Trump, in contrast, has promised to appoint justices “in the mold of Scalia.”

For some time, I have been seeking greater specificity on this issue, and today the Trump campaign provided that, releasing a very strong list of potential Supreme Court nominees — including Sen. Mike Lee, who would make an extraordinary justice — and making an explicit commitment to nominate only from that list. This commitment matters, and it provides a serious reason for voters to choose to support Trump.

Second, Obamacare. The failed healthcare law is hurting millions of Americans. If Republicans hold Congress, leadership has committed to passing legislation repealing Obamacare. Clinton, we know beyond a shadow of doubt, would veto that legislation. Trump has said he would sign it.

Third, energy. Clinton would continue the Obama administration’s war on coal and relentless efforts to crush the oil and gas industry. Trump has said he will reduce regulations and allow the blossoming American energy renaissance to create millions of new high-paying jobs.

Fourth, immigration. Clinton would continue and even expand President Obama’s lawless executive amnesty. Trump has promised that he would revoke those illegal executive orders.

Fifth, national security. Clinton would continue the Obama administration’s willful blindness to radical Islamic terrorism. She would continue importing Middle Eastern refugees whom the FBI cannot vet to make sure they are not terrorists. Trump has promised to stop the deluge of unvetted refugees.

Sixth, Internet freedom. Clinton supports Obama’s plan to hand over control of the Internet to an international community of stakeholders, including Russia, China, and Iran. Just this week, Trump came out strongly against that plan, and in support of free speech online.

These are six vital issues where the candidates’ positions present a clear choice for the American people.

If Clinton wins, we know — with 100% certainty — that she would deliver on her left-wing promises, with devastating results for our country.

My conscience tells me I must do whatever I can to stop that.

We also have seen, over the past few weeks and months, a Trump campaign focusing more and more on freedom — including emphasizing school choice and the power of economic growth to lift African-Americans and Hispanics to prosperity.

Finally, after eight years of a lawless Obama administration, targeting and persecuting those disfavored by the administration, fidelity to the rule of law has never been more important.

The Supreme Court will be critical in preserving the rule of law. And, if the next administration fails to honor the Constitution and Bill of Rights, then I hope that Republicans and Democrats will stand united in protecting our fundamental liberties.

Our country is in crisis. Hillary Clinton is manifestly unfit to be president, and her policies would harm millions of Americans. And Donald Trump is the only thing standing in her way.

A year ago, I pledged to endorse the Republican nominee, and I am honoring that commitment. And if you don’t want to see a Hillary Clinton presidency, I encourage you to vote for him.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Chickenshit loser. Not an ounce of self respect left at the end of the day. And a hypocrite.

chickenjuggler
    Participant

Alright. So now it’s “Don’t vote your conscience.” Got it.

Brianl
    Participant

CJ!! Long time no talk.

How are things??

Andy Brown
    Participant

OMG, Bacon you have outdone yourself. Your cut and paste party line story has left out quite a bit about the real reasons Cruz has endorsed Trump. Once again we have to take that story and you to task for it and you are so completely disingenuous it boggles the minds of anyone who is really informed.

Fact: The assumption Cruz made in Cleveland: that Donald Trump would lose, that he would lose big, and that Ted Cruz would be there to lead as the de facto spokesman for the principled conservative movement going forward. A move by Ted Cruz to endorse Trump in Cleveland wouldn’t have satisfied anyone already opposed to Cruz, but it would’ve seemed like par for the course among all the Republicans who’ve lined up to back the nominee, which now includes all the candidates this cycle except for Jeb Bush and John Kasich. The move to endorse now seems ideologically baseless, because it is. It seems like an act of political self-defense, because it is. And it seems opportunistic, because it is.

Some of Cruz’s most prominent backers like the Mercer family and Peter Thiel played critical roles in elevating Cruz from a virtual unknown in the state of Texas to knocking off a popular Lieutenant Governor in an extremely competitive primary. Now they are prominent backers of Donald Trump, and the threat of a well-backed primary campaign for Cruz in 2018 was increasingly real, with Rep. Michael McCaul and former Gov. and DWTS star Rick Perry showing themselves to be very competitive against him. Cruz’s former media backers had turned on the populist, and the potential for a well-backed challenger against Cruz in Texas was real. Had Trump lost narrowly to Hillary Clinton, as seems the likeliest outcome today, the timing of Cruz’s race would’ve made him public enemy number one among the Trump crew.

If that’s too complex for your pea sized brain, look at it this way. Ted still thinks drumpf is going to lose and he is wanting to look good to his money resources for another Senate term in 2 years and a crack at the presidency in 2020. That’s why he is endorsing the donald. It’s only for Ted’s own well being politically and his garnering future support from those that have held their nose and jumped on the drumpfwagon.

You couldn’t even get this story right. You chose to dismiss so much it is truly a reflection of your shallowness and lack of moral fiber. Ted Cruz set aside his many differences with Donald Trump on Friday to endorse for president a man whom he once called a “serial philanderer,” a “pathological liar,” “utterly amoral,” and a “sniveling coward”; who insulted his wife’s looks; who insinuated Cruz’s father was involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy; who said he wouldn’t even accept his endorsement; and who for months mocked him mercilessly with a schoolyard taunt, “Lyin’ Ted.”

Cruz has worked diligently over the years to forge a political identity that can be summed up thusly: He is a conservative who fights on principle, whether or not that accords with the wishes of his party’s leadership. By bowing down to a man he has attacked so harshly, Cruz significantly dilutes that brand. Cruz is facing a potentially difficult primary battle in his reelection bid for the Senate in 2018, and he undoubtedly determined that he needed to make amends with the sizable contingent of Trump supporters in Texas—especially knowing that he can’t count on the support of party leaders he has long since alienated.

The policy reasons that Cruz cites are all based on promises Trump has made, including his two separate lists of potential Supreme Court appointments. Yet as Cruz himself has pointed out, Trump is never more slippery than when it comes to policy. He has already revised his tax plan and his infamous call to bar Muslims from entering the United States, among many other examples. Why should Cruz trust Trump on any of his other pledges? Within minutes of Cruz’s statement Friday, Trump added yet another flip-flop. Two months and one day ago, Trump said point-blank regarding the possibility of a Cruz endorsement: “If he gives it, I will not accept it.” By Friday, he apparently changed his mind. “I am greatly honored by the endorsement of Senator Cruz,” Trump said in response.

So you see Vernon, no one here takes what you write or repost as accurate nor complete. You live in a bubble of your own creation, never looking beyond the glare of the political headlines which always omit the dirty details that some of us know is the real truth.

Once again, you have begun a thread without even looking into the topic, especially since the truth about this endorsement is not even close to what Ted put on his Facebook page and you reposted here.

Your pathetic attempt to provide information once again fails to hit the mark. It’s just another example of how you are unable to understand what reality is and what is political bullshit.

This endorsement will do nothing to help drumpf from continuing to fall in the ratings.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Pope Bacon is a one issue fuck-stick.

Never mind the avalanche of fact based information that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Donald Trump is completely unqualified, and both intellectually and emotionally, completely unsuited for that office. He would be, literally, dangerous.

But none of it matters to some. Because, abortion. (Or alternately, about something strained, contorted, out and out untrue, or wholly insane about Hillary Clinton. It’s certainly never about the hundreds of fact based, real world, examples of Donald Trump’s past and current behavior that illustrate he’s an irredeemable waste of skin.)

And of course, the bible thumping loons that are all about this one issue never for a moment consider what would actually happen if that ruling were somehow overturned. The amount of pain, suffering, and misery it would create would be extraordinary. And, it wouldn’t stop a women from having an abortion, either. It simply makes it unsafe and illegal. The practice would go on. There’s not a doubt among anyone remotely rational about that outcome.

The rest of Ted’s alarmist fear mongering about the Supreme Court is just that. It’s fucking nonsense. Not a single thing he or Trump has alleged about what a President Clinton and her appointees to The Supreme Court would advocate for, much less actually do, is true.

None of it. Not a word. 100% politically motivated lies.

Trump supporters are fucking unreal; adrift in an ocean of simple minded bullshit.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Lyin’ Ted makes my skin crawl.

radiodork
    Spectator

Bill Clinton’s marital affairs make my skin Crawl. Speaking of marital affairs, it looks like Genifer Flowers will be sitting front row at the debate on Monday. HA!
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/24/bill-clinton-accuser-gennifer-flowers-accepts-donald-trumps-invitation-to-attend-debate/

edselehr
    Participant

That’s the best Trump’s got, dork? And you’re still rooting for this guy? Sad!

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

I’m not sure what’s more entertaining, Trump’s reality TV campaign or Dork’s post that are not set in reality.

radiodork
    Spectator

Cnon chris, say it after me…
    President Trump.

edselehr
    Participant

Dork follows right wing memes and lies like a dog follows a piece of bacon waved in front of his face. And swallows it whole just as readily.

Oh dork, here’s a cold shower for your Trump boner:

Trump Campaign Backtracks On Inviting Gennifer Flowers To Debate

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.