Story Cannot Be Described

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cbaravelli
    Spectator

I consider 70% of new media news stories to be fantasy enticing our worst nature to add up click points. But, this one has some merit and is plausible.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/08/27/china-hacked-clinton-server/

Those Lenovo servers and Huawei cellphones can mess up your life.

cbaravelli
    Spectator
    nosignalallnoise
    Participant

I threw a Lenovo PC away this afternoon, because it was a piece of shit with spoojy electrolytics on its proprietary form-factor motherboard (counterfeit Nippon Chemicons) and it would overheat like a son of a bitch. All my posts between last week and about three years ago were made on it.

Fuckin’ good riddance.

lastday
    Participant

Well if we can’t believe Louie Gohmert, we’re totally screwed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louie_Gohmert

In a 2012 meeting of the House Natural Resources Committee, Gohmert stated his strong support of a trans-Alaskan pipeline, as a means for caribou to have more sex.[31][32][33]

According to Gohmert, “When [the caribou] want to go on a date, they invite each other to head over to the pipeline. So [his] real concern now [is] … if oil stops running through the pipeline … do we need a study to see how adversely the caribou would be affected if that warm oil ever quit flowing?” Gohmert’s comments were not favorably received by the rest of the committee.[34][35]

An “extra copy” of an email being cc’d every time? For years? Not detected? The level of IT incompetence needed for that to occur is mind blowing.

edselehr
    Participant

lastday
    Participant

BZZZZTT

Try again. Enjoy!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/fbi-rebuts-trump-tweet-about-china-hacking-clinton-s-email-n904811

WASHINGTON — Sixteen hours after President Trump tweeted about a right-wing media story alleging that China hacked Hillary Clinton’s private email server, an FBI official is refuting the report in a comment to NBC News.

“The FBI has not found any evidence the (Clinton) servers were compromised,” the official said.

It’s the latest example of the widening breach between a president who traffics in unverified news accounts and the law enforcement agencies he frequently maligns.

The FBI official, speaking for the bureau, also pointed to a report issued in June by the Justice Department inspector general that examined the FBI’s investigation of Clinton’s use of a private email server.

In the report, the IG noted that while the FBI assessed that it was “possible” that hostile actors gained access to Clinton’s private email server, the bureau “acknowledged that the FBI investigation and its forensic analysis did not find evidence that Clinton’s email server systems were compromised.”

According to the IG report, an FBI forensics agent assigned to the case told investigators that, although he did not believe there was “any way of determining…100%” whether Clinton’s servers had been compromised, he felt “fairly confident that there wasn’t an intrusion.” When asked whether a sophisticated foreign adversary was likely to be able to cover its tracks, he stated, “They could. Yeah. But I, I felt as if we coordinated with the right units at headquarters…for those specific adversaries…. And the information that was returned back to me was that there was no indication of a compromise.”

lastday
    Participant

I’ve tried 4 times to share a credible story refuting the OP’s premise. Every time the board “loses” my post. Vanishes without a trace.

Note To Self: stick to desktop system for this board. Mobile devices don’t work. Waste of time.

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

I don’t know why Lastday, but your posts got flagged as spam. De-spammed and now appears above. Sorry 😕

Andrew
    Participant

Anyone here ever tried to upgrade the wireless card in your laptop? I have, many times. (I fix and upgrade them, sometimes for profit, sometimes for fun.)

One reason I refuse to buy Lenovo (and HP) laptops: they BIOS lock the wireless cards. If you insert a mini-PCI card that is not in their approved lookup table in the BIOS, it won’t POST! Yes, if you are a real hacker, you can try hacking your BIOS and write in a new hardware ID for the card you are trying to add…but that’s a bit too risky for me.

Easier to stick with Dell, Acer, Asus, etc. They don’t BIOS-lock their wireless cards. You can use whatever cards you like, as long as they fit in the slots. Some cards don’t play well with the motherboard chipset, but at least the manufacturer isn’t trying to prevent you from doing something.

But it’s nice to know I have another reason to avoid Lenovo devices!

lastday
    Participant

Thanks Dan.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

“The FBI has not found any evidence the (Clinton) servers were compromised,” the official said.
    FBI never inspected the Hillary mail net server. Remember, it was erased, bleached and smashed. How can CBSNews claim an FBI denial? Nevermind. Answered my own question.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

But it’s nice to know I have another reason to avoid Lenovo devices!

In addition to the shitty fake Chinesium caps?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.