Steven Tyler Launches Janie's Fund to Help Child Abuse Victims

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Steven Tyler Launches Janie's Fund to Help Child Abuse Victims

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

Steven Tyler has launched a new philanthropic initiative that aims at raising money and awareness to help girls who have suffered sexual abuse, the singer announced today. For Janie’s Fund, a nod to Aerosmith’s 1989 hit “Janie’s Got a Gun,” Tyler will partner with Youth Villages to bring hope and healing to those victims of neglect and abuse.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/steven-tyler-launches-janies-fund-to-help-child-abuse-victims-20151109

radiodork
    Spectator

Having to sit through the song “Janie’s got a gun”is like nails to a chalkboard. Hands down one of the worst Aerosmith songs ever recorded. Although the 1980s gave us some pretty crappy Aerosmith songs.

Andy Brown
    Participant

That’s what you get for working in Top 40 radio where your tastes are corrupted by the programmers who have in addition to ruining your musical taste buds but the entire industry as well.

Whereas I will refrain from pointing out the value of a song based in social commentary no matter who writes and performs it nor how many times it gets repeated on mainstream radio. The truth is that the 80’s, more than any other decade, exemplify the growth of narrow programming that has resulted in so many narrow minded opinions in later years.

This thread isn’t about the song, anyway, it’s about the social problem in the song and anything that contributes to a solution is a good thing. Your posted contribution, not so much.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Though this song is specific towards a father’s abuse of his daughter, the rape of my own daughter during her senior year in college, I for one, will take any method to get the word out about sexual abuse.

Thanks Andy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.