Statistics Show The End is Near For Rush Limbaugh

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Statistics Show The End is Near For Rush Limbaugh

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

“*I am defining hit music as records that made it into the national Top-40 as charted by Billboard, American Top-40, etc.” Prior to about 1980, the Billboard Hot 100 was a tool for wholesalers. If a song entered the chart, it meant that it was available for them to sell to the stores. If it continued to climb, the sale was successful and the store would order more copies. When a song reached about #15 or so, it could be considered a hit. There were exceptions in the form of regional hits that may’ve done well in some areas but not enough to chart well. Also, there was very little difference between peaking at 100 and 40. There was also more difference between #10 and #1 than #10 and #40. Another way of looking at this is that even if a song peaked at #10, there were always at least nine more popular songs. (I’m posting this from memory of something I once read. There may be slight inconsistencies but the information is generally accurate.)

Andy Brown
    Participant

“If a song entered the chart, it meant that it was available for them to sell to the stores.”

If a song entered the chart, it was already for sale.

The Hot 100 is ranked by radio airplay audience impressions as measured by Nielsen BDS, sales data compiled by Nielsen Soundscan (both at retail and digitally) and streaming activity provided by online music sources.

The further back in time you go, the MORE weight was placed on physical sales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Hot_100#History

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Rush Limbaugh Raises $3.3 Million In 25th Annual Cure-A-Thon For Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

RUSH LIMBAUGH’s 25th annual LEUKEMIA AND LYMPHOMA SOCIETY Cure-A-Thon raised $3.3 million from FRIDAY’s (4/10) efforts. LIMBAUGH has raised almost $44 million dollars for the organization since launching the radiothon.

The PREMIERE NETWORKS host said, “I want to thank everyone once again who donated, contributed to our 25th annual Cure-A-Thon last FRIDAY for the LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY. Every year, the people in this audience, you, just continue to come through.”

Broadway
    Participant

>>RUSH LIMBAUGH’s 25th annual LEUKEMIA AND LYMPHOMA SOCIETY Cure-A-Thon raised $3.3 million from FRIDAY’s (4/10) efforts
    Anyone here done that? Just asking…

Andy Brown
    Participant

Of course you failed to mention that 600,000 of those dollars were donated by Rush himself. That’s almost 20% of the money. In 25 years they’ve raised 40 million dollars. That’s probably close to 8 million of Rush’s own money. Kind of instant paid for recognition. Muscular Dystrophy over the same time period raises on the average about 50 million a year and overall has raised close to 2.5 billion dollars. Just saying’ some perspective is of value. If I made the kind of dough Rush has made from his hate radio, I’d be giving a lot more than 600,000 dollars a year to charity. The drug addict Limbaugh made 66 million in 2014, ranking 59th on Forbes list. Other than the lymphoma donation, there is only one other recipient of his money and that is the Marine Corps–Law Enforcement Foundation. Together his donations annually still don’t crack one million.

In other words, this hardly redeems Rush Limbaugh’s behavior. He’s a fat white racist misogynist pig. Period. He can’t buy himself out of that at any price. He’s no philanthropist.

Amus
    Participant

RUSH LIMBAUGH’s 25th annual LEUKEMIA AND LYMPHOMA SOCIETY Cure-A-Thon raised $3.3 million from FRIDAY’s (4/10) efforts

That’s appropriate.

Limbaugh’s a cancer.

EDIT;

Sorry.
    I didn’t realize this was on the Radio side.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Indianapolis news radio station WIBC will no longer carry “The Rush Limbaugh Show” because the parent companies of the station and show decided not to renew its contract.

The press release did not say why the companies are ending the partnership.

Asked Tuesday morning for more details about what prompted the decision, an Emmis spokeswoman declined to comment further.

Morgan told the Indianapolis Business Journal the decision was not singularly driven by finances.

“It’s not an inexpensive show to air, so there is a business element to the decision,” Charlie Morgan, market manager for Emmis in Indianapolis told the IBJ. “But this has more to do with the long-term direction of the station.”

Noting that Limbaugh’s program is popular among listeners older than 55, Morgan told the IBJ that Emmis also wants to attract listeners 40 and younger.

Which is exactly what the OP was all about.

The Flush of Rush is underway. As contracts expire, Premier will find less and less willing partners, at least those that hold major market regional signals.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2015/04/13/wibc-will-longer-carry-rush-limbaugh/25716323/

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.