Station ID

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dial tone 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

W7PAT
    Participant

Just wondering if the rules changed…

Normally an HD station like KGON Id’s as KGON/KGON HD-1 (or 2 or 3) Portland.
    KXTG has be Id’ing as KXTG/KINK-HD2 Portland for while now. While KINK never did Id as KINK-HD1, in the past couple of days I’ve noticed that they don’t even mention the KINK-HD2 anymore. I checked and the HD2 is still active. So now it’s back to KXTG Portland.

lastday
    Participant

Last time I checked, FCC rules were pretty vague about this. Something like “Digital broadcasts are required to be identified to listeners”. But it doesn’t say how.

In Eugene, KRVM-HD1 IDs as “Broadcasting in HD…”, while their HD2 IDs as “KRVM-HD2”. Both comply.

But KLCC-HD1 does not ID their HD programming at all, which has to be a technical violation.

EDIT: The FCC rule says “A radio station operating in DAB hybrid mode or extended hybrid mode shall identify its digital signal, including any free multicast audio programming streams, in a manner that appropriately alerts its audience to the fact that it is listening to a digital audio broadcast.”

http://www.thebdr.net/articles/fcc/rules/ID.pdf

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  lastday.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  lastday.

W7PAT
    Participant

Can anyone understand the ID on 910 KMTT? They really make it so you can’t understand it. Jumbled up.

dial tone
    Participant

Talk about calling the kettle black, hear them ham-dicks slurring their “call signs” all the time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.