Stan Boreson-King Klubhouse dies

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Stan Boreson-King Klubhouse dies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

I used to watch the King Klubhouse back in the 50s/60s on KING 5, as we got KING 5 on cable at that time on the Oregon Coast. I just read on the NW BCers site, Stan passed away at 91. Sorry to hear this.

johnf
    Participant

With Stan’s passing, yet another part of my childhood is indeed now gone. For this 61-year-old Baby Boomer who grew up in Seattle, the very talented, funny and witty Stan on KING-TV was a daily part of my life, as was Chris Wedes as J.P. Patches on KIRO-TV. That leaves “Brakeman Bill” McLain from the old KTNT-TV 11 as now apparently the last survivor of the daily kids’ show era in Seattle. I have lived in Oregon since 1985, and the two kids TV legends here — “Ramblin’ Rod” Anders from KPTV and Jim “Rusty Nails” Allen from KATU and KPTV, have both passed away. All these folks were terrific people.

paulwalker
    Participant

And I am hearing from friends that KING didn’t even mention this on their news. A good indication of how Tegna has taken this franchise down the toilet.

skeptical
    Participant

Brakeman Bill was my first TV appearance! 🙂 I’m amazed he’s still alive.

paulwalker
    Participant

His model trains were so cool! Though I was partial to JP in those days. After school for me were reruns of Gilligan, also on KTNT, I think later in the afternoon after Breakeman.

semoochie
    Participant

Heck Harper belongs on that list.

skeptical
    Participant

I believe I got on Brakeman Bill through a cub scout deal. JP Patches was likely on our TV more often. I had little say in the show selection department.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.