Spokane friends: This is bad

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Chris_taylor 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

paulwalker
    Participant

I have learned that the air quality due to the wildfires in N. Central WA has made the air in Spokane County extremely unhealthy…to levels not seen since Mt. St. Helens erupted in 1980. They are telling folks to stay indoors and close their windows. I know there are a few on here from that area, so just a heads up.

Very strange, the winds are driving all this, and areas to the south, like Tri-Cities/Pendleton actually cleared out today. But apparently not to the north.

Chris_taylor
    Participant

My brother is in Spokane currently dropping off his son at college. He said the air quality was pretty bad. However, my brother and his family used to live in Hong Kong and would visit Beijing, China, and the air quality in that city was actually worse than what Spokane is experiencing.

paulwalker
    Participant

Hey, Chris, thanks for that perspective. While the Spokane situation is bad, it is only temporary. I’m not sure how those in China could put up with it day after day.

The Mt. St. Helens mention alarmed me, that is why I posted.

This is a whole other topic…the pollution of China eventually hitting the west coast. Problematic for sure.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Parts of Central Oregon are ugly too. Reports from family are ugly. They don’t have an indoors order, as far as I know, but people are feeling it for sure.

Burn rates are way up. And may remain high for the foreseeable future. 🙂

Brianl
    Participant

My mother, who has all sorts of health issues as is, had to get a bunch of medication just to breathe inside her house. It is terrible up there.

Chris_taylor
    Participant

Paul, I was in Spokane when Mt St Helens blew, and it was an absolute nightmare getting around.

washnotore
    Participant

Chris_taylor
    Participant

Concrete House, nice thinking. Would have freaked me a bit seeing all those flames and smoke coming and no way of stopping it.

When I read your misprint about “a wall of lames,” made me think this was a story about the GOP presidential candidates.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.