Southern Oregon Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Southern Oregon Radio Happenings

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

They filed for STA five days later.

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_det.pl?Application_id=1417785

Looks like they’ve been silent ever since.

jr_tech
    Participant

And that states;

Silent Since: 02/07/2011

Silent Reason TECHNICAL

The *same day* they filed the 319! So, I guess my question remains; “anybody know how many hours they have *actually* been on the air?”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

GRANTS PASS RADIO CO. has closed on the donation of the construction permit for a new FM at GRANTS PASS, OR to BETTER LIFE TELEVISION, INC. for no consideration.

e_dawg
    Participant

Which CP FM radio stations are they selling? I don’t see it on the FCC database.

Way Out West
    Participant

This is actually a CP for an AM on 830. Facility 161074 was opened up in Auction 84. It is a 5kW day, 1kW night to be built with a two tower array. The daytime signal will push into Medford. The nighttime signal will have a deep null to the east to protect WCCO in Minneapolis so getting into Medford might be an issue at night. If it gets built, this will be Better Life Television’s first radio station.

boisebill
    Participant

Dear Mr. Kalisek:

In re: KQIK(AM), Lakeview, OR

Facility ID No. 48648

Silent since November 1, 2011

Notification of License Expiration

Our records indicate that the station referenced above has been silent since at least November 1, 2011.

Therefore, pursuant to Section 3 12(g) of the Communications Act, as amended,’ the station’s license expired as a matter of law at 12:01 A.M., November 2, 2012. Unless we receive documented evidence within 30 days of the date of this letter that our records incorrectly reflect the perational status of the station and that, in fact, the station returned to the air at some time between November 1, 2011, and 12:01 A.M., November 2, 2012, the Commission’s public and internal databases will be modified to indicate that the broadcast license for the referenced station IS EXPIRED, that the station’s license IS CANCELED as a matter of law, and that the station’s call sign IS DELETED.

semoochie
    Participant

This is a real shame! KQIK was the only broadcast signal available in the Lakeview area for several decades. I saw an application about this, basically stating the same thing, this morning but it seems to be gone now. Notice of the cancellation and call letter deletion is still there however.

Notalent
    Participant

I know Ron Kramer, I find him to be quite congenial.

boisebill
    Participant

The FCC dismissed KQIKs license renewal application this week because the license had been canceled.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

COMMON FREQUENCY, INC. has requested an extension of its Silent STA for KQCF/CHILOQUIN, OR “to complete station upgrade.”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

JPR FOUNDATION, INC. is selling the 22 stations of JEFFERSON PUBLIC RADIO to the STATE OF OREGON, for SOUTHERN OREGON UNIVERSITY, for $10. The transaction is part of the settlement reached in AUGUST 2012 in the dispute between the school and the foundation over control of the stations (NET NEWS 8/29/12).

W7PAT
    Participant

Too bad they just didn’t sell them to OPB.

msndrspdx
    Participant

SOU could turn these 22 stations into translators for their own station, assuming they have one. If not, they could designate one as the flagship and the other 21 could be translators. Needless to say, having pretaped ID’s at each of these would be a must. If you think that OPB’s list of stations is long, think of having to read 22 of them! You’d have to start reading the list well before the top of the hour!

Best, Mike 8)

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

FAMILY LIFE BROADCASTING, INC. is selling the construction permits for FM translator K290BX/PINEHURST, OR and K276FS/HORNBROOK, CA to UCB USA, INC. for assumption of construction obligations.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Speaking of Southern Oregon, we’ve brought Hot AC back to the market on KLDR. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 232 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.