Southern Oregon Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Southern Oregon Radio Happenings

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 230 total)
  • Author
    msndrspdx
    Participant

What will the U of O do with the FM translators in Myrtle Cr., Roseburg and Sutherlin?

Best, M. 8)

semoochie
    Participant

Most likely use would be to rebroadcast KWAX.

pdxgary98
    Participant

Semoochie hits another one… Yes to rebroadcast KWAX since they do not cover that area very well.

Notalent
    Participant

The Roseburg area has a full powered JPR Classical outlet, A low power JPR Rhythm outlet, an AM JPR news outlet, and a KLCC outlet.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

I was in Roseburg last weekend, and the former K-Light translators were rebroadcasting KWAX.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Accord Reached Over Control Of Jefferson Public Radio

The battle for control of JEFFERSON PUBLIC RADIO, the 22-station group serving southern OREGON and northern CALIFORNIA, has been won by SOUTHERN OREGON UNIVERSITY, according to the MEDFORD MAIL TRIBUNE.

The school and the JEFFERSON PUBLIC RADIO FOUNDATION had been vying for control of the group after the dismissal of RON KRAMER as Exec. Dir. in a dispute over the group’s fundraising activity and acquisition of the HOLLY THEATRE and a warehouse in MEDFORD intended for the stations’ new studio facility, but a deal between the parties has been reached after a highly contentious battle that drew attention from Gov. JOHN KITZHABER, who appointed a mediator in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Under the deal, SOU will get control of the stations, the JPR FOUNDATION will raise funds for the radio stations, and a new separate fundraising entity, JEFFERSON LIVE! LLC, a subsidiary of the foundation, will handle development for projects like the HOLLY THEATRE restoration.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Gemineye Mayers Joins Mapleton/Medford for OM Duties

MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS/MEDFORD, OR names crosstown KIFS (107.5 KISS FM) PD/morning show host GEMINEYE MAYERS as OM duties of its six-station cluster that includes Rock KBOY (95.7), Top 40 KTMT (NOW 93.7), KCMX (LITE 102), Country KAKT (105.1 THE WOLF), N/T KCMX-A (880) and (ESPN 580).

GEMINEYE MAYERS commented, “I’m so excited to begin this next chapter in radio. I started my radio career here working for free years ago, and to come full-circle as OM at RADIO MEDFORD is mind-blowing. I’m also looking forward to getting back on the air soon on NOW 93.7! Big things are coming at ya, Southern OREGON!”

radiodawgz
    Participant

Congrats to Gemineye, a very talented guy. Got to admit, though, that this news made me laugh a little. In Medford, the same players are just lobbed back and forth between the two dominant clusters like Radio Pong.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Filings with the FCC, GRANTS PASS RADIO COMPANY is donating the construction permit for a new FM at GRANTS PASS, OR to BETTER LIFE TELEVISION, INC. for no consideration.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

“Better Life Television,” there’s an oxymoron.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Ron Kramer Sues Over Firing From Jefferson Public Radio

Former SOUTHERN OREGON UNIVERSITY noncommercial JEFFERSON PUBLIC RADIO/ASHLAND, OR and JPR FOUNDATION Exec. Dir. RON KRAMER is suing the college and the OREGON university system over his JUNE 2012 firing, reports the MEDFORD MAIL-TRIBUNE.

KRAMER, who is seeking $1.375 million in damages, alleges that his dismissal after 37 years amounted to a civil rights violation and that he has been blacklisted by the school. The suit charges that SOU President MARY CULLINAN and OFFICE OF HIGHER EDUCATION Chancellor GEORGE PERNSTEINER violated KRAMER’s rights when they terminated his contract, and made him sign a binding settlement deal that violated state law by preventing him from getting further employment.

He also complains that while the reason given for his firing was that he held a dual role with the station and the foundation which was a conflict of interest, his replacement, PAUL WESTHELLE, was given the same dual roles and continues to hold both positions.

chessyduck
    Participant

Would the Grants Pass Radio Company be the AM permit on 830kHz or did they also win an FM permit at some point?

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KIFS Taps Michael Czarnecki As PD

After ten years of music duties and on-air work in markets like BOSTON and PROVIDENCE, MICHAEL CZARNECKI heads west as the new PD at BICOASTAL Top 40 KIFS (107-5 KISS-FM)/MEDFORD, OR. (KIFS).

“MICHAEL will bring a whole new depth to KISS that it has never seen,” OM DON HURLEY noted. We’ve had talented broadcasters and programmers in the past that laid an incredible foundation for what KISS was built on, but MICHAEL’s grasp of the future of radio, both terrestrially, but the development and delivery of the product on newer platforms, will keep 107-5 KISS-FM the leader well into the future!”

GM SUSU MAHOOD agreed. “After reading his programming philosophy, I was amazed he is only 30 years old. His knowledge of the radio industry is remarkable and his vision of where it is going and how to get there is inspirational. When interviewing, candidates fall into three categories; won’t hire, would like to hire, and MUST hire. MICHAEL is, of course, the latter. I am so fortunate to be able to add another gem to the BICOASTAL team.”

“I am absolutely thrilled for this opportunity”, added CZARNECKI. “It is something I have been working toward my entire career. I could not be more excited to begin working with SUSU and DON to bring a heritage station like 107-5 Kiss FM to the next level!”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

WTL COMMUNICATIONS, INC. has requested an extension of its Silent STA for low-power FM KJCR-LP/GRANTS PASS, OR because “our present site owner is no longer able to accommodate us.”

jr_tech
    Participant

Since license to cover was granted to KJCR-LP on 02/07/2011, anybody know how many hours they have *actually* been on the air?

Application list:

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_list.pl?Facility_id=135682

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 230 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.