Southern Oregon Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Southern Oregon Radio Happenings

This topic contains 181 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  chessyduck 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 182 total)
  • Author

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Thanks Craig! I suppose Rock and CHR were quite similar at that time.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Yes! There is no CHR in FM Atlas.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

MULTICULTURAL ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHERN OREGON is transferring low power FM KSKQ-LP/EAGLE POINT, OR to MEDIA EYE for no consideration.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

HARRY ABEL has purchased his 50% partner JOEL LEMON’s interest in LIGHTHOUSE RADIO GROUP, owner of Smooth Jazz KYSJ (105.9 THE WAVE) and Contemporary Christian KYTT-F (K-LIGHT 98.7)/COOS BAY, OR for an undisclosed price. The deal leaves ABEL with 100% of the company.

jay_zie
    Participant

Wow. It can be scarry to make an oral sale of this type and have no record of it.

chessyduck
    Participant

Okay. This is TV-related but still a nice article.

Oregon Business , August 2011 issue

“Medford’s unique TV market reaches a critical crossroad”

http://www.oregonbusiness.com/articles/102-august-2011/5586-medfords-unique-tv-market-reaches-a-critical-crossroad

Yes, KOBI has a terrific TV translator network. I recently visited northern Curry County. Only OPB and KOBI could be reliably viewed via translators with an over-the-air digital set. (A nice cross-water fog-based tropoduct opening did add two Eureka UHFers to the mix.)

bobclarke
    Participant

“A fog-based tropoduct”??? love it…as if Tom Robbins were suddenly an engineer…

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

FCC Proposes $3,000 Fine On Oregon FM Auction Winner

The FCC has proposed a $3,000 fine against TALLIE COLVILLE for failing to timely file a post-auction Form 301 application for a new FM at DIAMOND LAKE, OR, although the Commission did grant a waiver request to reinstate the application for filing.

COLVILLE won the permit in FM Auction 91 but failed to file the form on time because, she said, she “was not ready to submit the application by the filing deadline.”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KEEP PRAISING OUR LORD, INC. has applied for a Silent STA for low power FM KPOL-LP/CANYONVILLE, OR due to financial hardship.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

This must be a continuation from last years filing. Here’s what I posted on Oct 25, 2010 on this thread:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

This From All Access:

KEEP PRAISING OUR LORD, INC. has requested a Silent STA for low power FM KPOL-LP/CANYONVILLE, OR for financial reasons.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Peter sent me an E-Mail to post. He forgot his password:

An earlier post had KTMT as CHR/ROCK in 1983. The Johnson family thought it was rock but it reall was A/C and not hot A/C. I was Local Sales Manager in 83 and part of 84 before I got fed up. Then I went to work for CCC in Tulsa. That brought fed up to a whole new level.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Dial Global Stations Add Affiliates

DIAL GLOBAL has scored a raft of new affiliates for its syndicated talk shows including CLARK HOWARD’s weekday show on MAPLETON Talk KCMX-A/MEDFORD-ASHLAND, OR.

kahtik
    Participant

This on the latest from RadioTVdeals.com

Oregon

AM Construction Permit (CP)

Market Rank Mkt 201+

Asking Price $65,000.00

Selling or Leasing More Properties in Same Mkt? Stand Alone

Seller Financing Available? Cash Only Deal

Will Seller LMA? Yes

Ad Headline Oregon AM Construction Permit

Description NEW: AM CONSTRUCTION PERMIT. New AM station to serve Eastern Oregon. Nice part of the State with good local economy. Seller is now negotiating for a site lease. Included in the transaction will be two towers and a 1kw transmitter. Asking $65,000 cash. Great quality of life with a local State University, this is the economic, educational, recreational, and cultural hub for eastern Oregon, with a family oriented, small-town character. Broker: MCH Enterprises, Inc.

10/20/2011

msndrspdx
    Participant

To me, “a local State University” would mean Oregon or Oregon State or maybe even Willamette U. …which would suggest a Willamette Valley location, not Eastern Oregon. But the line at the end, “the economic, educational, recreational, and cultural hub for Eastern Oregon” suggests that we’re talking about something in the Bend/Redmond area…

Best, M. 8)

kahtik
    Participant

Could also be near Klamath Falls, as OIT is down there. I think there is also a pocket university near Pendleton. Who knows for sure. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 182 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.