Southern Oregon Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Southern Oregon Radio Happenings

This topic contains 177 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Craig_Adams 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 178 total)
  • Author

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Roseburg’s CHR “Jelli 101” will be moving from 101.1 to 100.9 this Sunday, December 1st, according the their Facebook page.

101.1 KXL will gain some bonus “DX” coverage around Douglas County, with “Jelli” no longer on the frequency.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Jay Davis Joins KLAD-F/Klamath Falls

RESULTS RADIO Classic Rock KTHU (THUNDER 100.7)/CHICO, CA midday host and Chief Engineer JAY DAVIS is retiring from engineering and returning to work on air fulltime at BASIN MEDITATIVE LLC Country KLAD-F/KLAMATH FALLS, OR for afternoon drive and Production Director, starting MONDAY (12/16).

DAVIS, who worked in the LAS VEGAS market at KXPT and KOMP before heading north to CHICO, said, “Local radio is what I love doing, I can’t think of a better place than KLAMATH FALLS to return to doing what I love, making great radio.”

KLAD GM ROB SIEMS added. “We are looking forward to JAY joining our team, his experience and enthusiasm will be a valuable asset to our stations.”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

WTL COMMUNICATIONS, INC. has requested an extension of its Silent STA for low power FM KJCR-LP/GRANTS PASS, OR due to loss of its site.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

POWELL MEREDITH COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY is selling five FM translators including:

K294CP/ROSEBURG, OR.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Auction 84 (a closed auction for those that have already filled out the short form) will result in a new AM in the Bend area on 1490 kHz and possibly one AM in Lakeview (or Alturas, CA) on 1340 will commence on May 14, 2014.

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2014/db0127/DA-14-63A1.pdf

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2014/db0127/DA-14-63A2.pdf

Andy Brown
    Participant

In Oregon, an LPFM application by Spiral Living Center in Cave Junction on 105.7 MHz has been granted.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Oregon Translator Changes Hands

FAMILY LIFE BROADCASTING, INC. is selling the construction permit for FM translator K269GC/KLAMATH FALLS, OR to UCB USA, INC. for assumption of construction obligations and reimbursement of expenses.

boisebill
    Participant

The long time AM in Lakeview turned in their license last year. Again, why would you want to flush money on an AM?

Andy Brown
    Participant

LPFM CP granted in Oregon to:

Edgewater Christian Fellowship, Jacksonville, OR 96.5 MHz

Construction Permit cancelled:

Pamplin Broadcasting, Jacksonville, OR 1180 kHz

semoochie
    Participant

It looks like Pamplin is less enthralled than before, in their quest to build new AM stations. This can’t hurt KEX any!

Andy Brown
    Participant

LPFM CP granted in Oregon to:

Umpqua Watersheds Inc, Roseburg, OR 96.5 MHz

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from yesterday’s All Access:

POWELL MEREDITH COMMUNICATIONS CO. has closed on the sale of FM translator — K294CP/ROSEBURG, OR, to COMMUNITY TRANSLATOR NETWORK, LLC for $2,500.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

JAMES D. MCDANIEL has closed on the sale of Contemporary Christian KLMD (K-LOVE)/TALENT-MEDFORD, OR to EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION for $250,000 plus an additional $200,000 if the FCC grants a channel change.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Felix Chosen To Program KTMT And KTMT-A

RADIO MEDFORD-MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS has tapped PORTLAND, OR radio veteran and ALPHA BROADCASTING Top 40 KBFF (LIVE 95.5) night show host FELIX, for PD/Afternoons of Top 40 KTMT (93.7 NOW) and KTMT-A (580 AM ESPN)/MEDFORD, OR. FELIX has served as PM drive host at Top 40 KKRZ (Z100), Mid-Day co-host at Sports KPOJ (FOX SPORTS RADIO 620) and On-Air Personality/Morning Show Producer at Top 40/R KXJM (JAMMIN 95.5).

OM CHRIS SARGENT said, “I had the great fortune to work with FELIX in PORTLAND. He will bring leadership, energy and passion that matches well with our winning team already in place.”

FELIX said, “I’m looking forward to teaming up with my former OM CHRIS SARGENT again! I’d like to thank CHRIS and RADIO MEDFORD SVP/Market Manager JOE MUSSIO for the first PD opportunity of my career. I’d also like to thank my current PD LOUIE DIAZ and SCOTT MAHALICK, Director of Programming, for their leadership during my tenure here at ALPHA BROADCASTING. My deepest gratitude to all my other former PDs, APDs and GMs for their years of guidance throughout my career. I’ll try my best to reflect the wisdom and knowledge you all have taught me.”

FELIX reports for duty on MONDAY, JUNE 2nd.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from yesterday’s All Access:

UCB USA, INC. has requested a Silent STA for K233BW/AZALEA, OR while it resolves interference issues.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.