Southern Oregon Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Southern Oregon Radio Happenings

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 183 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Randy_in_Eugene 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
  • Author

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

In FM translator deals, PACIFIC CASCADE COMMUNICATIONS CORP. is swapping FM translator K271AR/COOS BAY, OR to CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC. for K260AK/KLAMATH FALLS, OR.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This From All Access:

KRKT & KRWQ’s Scott & Angie Schuler Have Daughter

Congrats to BICOASTAL MEDIA Country KRKT/ALBANY, OR PD and sister KRWQ/MEDFORD, OR MD SCOTT SCHULER and morning co-host/wife ANGIE SCHULER on the birth of their daughter SUNNY. The couple also has a son, LINCOLN, who is four.

SCOTT had a phoner scheduled with CAPITOL RECORDS group LADY ANTEBELLUM’s DAVE HAYWOOD on the day his wife went into labor. SCOTT got a phone call from HAYWOOD while in the delivery room and had to tell him they would have to reschedule.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Speaking of having babies while working in the radio biz. My bride of 22 years Barb and I had our first child while working at Z100. Our daughter was born on Good Friday in 1993. The next morning among the many phone calls I made I called the station.

By that afternoon we had received flowers and a card from the station. Also unbeknownst to us the on-air staff had been announcing the birth on the air as well. When we finally got home the following day we had tons of phone calls from family and friends who said they had heard on Z100 we had our daughter.

Our first doctor visit since the birth we were greeted by the receptionist who said to us..”oh I have heard all about this baby!!”

It was truly a classy move on Z100s part and really made Barb and myself feel apart of the Z100 family.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

Chris, here is a random piece of audio from 1993. You never know what might be dredged up on the internet. http://www.divshare.com/download/11596680-f70

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Randy you are amazing! What are you doing? Taping all stations 24/7? 😯

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Thank you Randy, for posting that nice piece of radio history!

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

That one IS obscure, a Sunday a.m. Christian CHR show Chris & Barb hosted.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

OMG!!!!!!!!

That was totally scary and awesome at the same time. The show ran from 6:30a-8a. We did Rock of Ages for about 2 years. Loads of fun. I do have parts of that show around the house somewhere on tape.

Before we were told the show was to be cancelled we started pre-recording the day before. Barb and I would bring in Aubrey in her car seat and as long as she could see us working she’d be fine. We would put a large reel to reel in motion and do the show “live” onto tape all commercials included. This allowed us, being new parents to sleep after many sleepless nights.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Tammie Toren Is Bicoastal

BICOASTAL MEDIA/COOS BAY-NORTH BEND, OR Market Mgr. GEORGE FEOLA tells ALL ACCESS, “After a one-year hiatus, TAMMIE TOREN resurfaces at BICOASTAL MEDIA COOS BAY/NORTH BEND OR as PD of our eight-station cluster. TAMMIE moves west after stints in GREAT FALLS, KALISPELL and BILLINGS, MT.”

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Speaking of Bicoastal’s Bay Area cluster, I have always wondered why 97.3 KSHR’s signal is so poor. Are they broadcasting into the side of a mountain? They have the smallest coverage area of any C1 signal in Oregon. I wish they would move 97.3 KSHR to the 94.9 KTEE & 107.3 KOOS tower, which provides a signal that travels up and down most of the Oregon Coast, and over the mountains.

pdxgary98
    Participant

I get 92.3 KGON in Coos Bay better then 97.3 KSHR that station has never reached the bay area very well. Poor signal indeed.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

The FCC has added a Class A allocation at 99.3 FM at GRANTS PASS, OR.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Bicoastal will need to find a new frequency for their KRWQ translators at 99.3.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

JPR Adds Translator To It’s Network

PACIFIC CASCADE COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION is selling FM translator K261DL/BANDON, OR to JPR FOUNDATION, INC. for $700 ($300 of which is for coaxial cable).

Craig_Adams
    Participant

ESPN Radio Returns Today To Local Airways

The Mail Tribune:

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101001/SPORTS/10010327/-1/SPORTS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.