Soundgarden's Chris Cornell has died

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Amus 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

paulwalker
    Participant

At just 52. No cause of death offered.

I loved his single from 2015, “never forgot my broken heart”, a true classic. Better known as the lead singer of Soundgarden.

radiodork
    Participant

So sad,Loved Chris Cornell in Soundgarden but liked him even more in Audioslave. The first Self Titled Audioslave album is one of my favorite albums EVER! Time to bust out some Audioslave. 52 Was waaaay too young, im betting on a drug overdose.

Brianl
    Participant

Oh wow. That sucks.

My favorite is Temple of the Dog with a Eddie Vedder, which of course spun off into Pearl Jam and Soundgarden … a tribute to what really started it all, Mother Love Bone. Brilliant album.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

52 Was waaaay too young(.)
    I’m going to predict the entire board will find agreement with that statement.

Both CNN and BBC are reporting the Detroit Police Department is investigating this as a possible suicide. However, we won’t know for sure until the coroner issues a report.

A quick search of Youtube reveals quite a bit of last night’s performance was uploaded, I had to stop watching after just one video and instead just finished listening to the studio version of one of his solo songs, “Sunshower” (1998ish IIRC). Haven’t cried this hard in years. Seriously.

Also, I forgot I was going to add a lighter memory in regards to the topic. I remember watching The 10 O’Clock News on KPTV, circa 1994 or 1995, when Soundgarden’s “Spoonman” played while they aired sports score slides. The sports anchor said immediately thereafter, “the mosh pit music you just heard does not necessarily reflect the musical preferences of the management.”

Langston
    Participant

Offed himself.

skeptical
    Participant

Early deaths in 3 Seattle grunge bands. Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden. Hope Pearl Jam is an exception.

radiodork
    Participant

Chris hung himself in a hotel. Quick somebody watch over Eddie Veddar and make sure his mental health is ok. I guess we could also check up on Billy Corgan of the smashing pumpkins also. Who else should be on suicide/ drug overdose watch? By the way as I write this I’m standing in Music millennium and getting ready to buy Audioslave’s self titled album on vinyl. I’ve noticed that Music millennium has a ton of Soundgarden and Audioslave on vinyl.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  radiodork.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  radiodork.

paulwalker
    Participant

Sorry I botched the name of the song I like so much in my OP. It is “Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart”. Just brilliant…

Vitalogy
    Participant

Soundgarden is one of my all-time faves. I’ve seen them twice and saw Audioslave once. I can’t comprehend the decision to end your life. Very sad and tragic.

Langston
    Participant

David Carradine?

radiowizard
    Participant

Gotta wonder why he would leave his wife and kids this way. Very disturbing and sort of selfish in a way.

Amus
    Participant

Depression (assuming that’s what it was) is unreasonable.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.